SanDisk Guru

Re: Sandisk Extreme 64GB - Slower write speeds after system format

PeterMac wrote:

Could You tell me how to get back to previous speeds ?

I believe that was the "down side" Ed was referring to. You've crossed over and burned that bridge.

Sorry I don't understand what you wrote too much with that bridge sentence Smiley Happy (I'm from Poland)

SanDisk Guru

The expression relates to being able to go back once you have crossed over a wooden bridge.  If you burn the bridge after you cross it you can't go back.  Commonly used when a person leaves a job to go to another one.  If he insults his old boss and company when leaving chances are he will never be able to go back to it.  If he leaves on good terms the possibility of being rehired is open.

hth

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

What you talking aboutSmiley Surprised ? what this have to my problem, I'm looking for real solution advice here to restore factory write speeds!

What factory is set default allocation size for this drive ? Of course I tried with "Restore device defaults" in format nothing help, and I think windows not recognize it correctly.

SanDisk Guru

sandisk does not have a formatting tool for USB drives so I am not sure you are going to be able to get back the exact same offset. My 64GB USB 3 drive is FAT32 128kilobyte allocation size. 

Windows will not do FAT32 in partition larger than 32GB so you would need a third party formatting tool. No guarantee it will work but you can give it a shot. 

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

"What you talking about:smileysurprised: ? what this have to my problem,"

You asked:

"Sorry I don't understand what you wrote too much with that bridge sentence"

I tried to explain.

Ed

Ed_P - ok no problem Smiley Wink thanks for explain.

I contacted with Sandisk support, told them everything, and they said there is no possible to delete default partition offset, with any format, and I don't belive in that because I see how write this pendrive now, and how was before format.

Finally they don't help me Smiley Sad

Please help me! I bought one of this and formated because had a virus, then I did a test with cristaldiskmark:
Read Speed: 34.24
Write Speed: 29.11

I tried to format it with fat32 with third party applications, and the speed remains the same, how do restore to factory settings? or what can i do?

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

If you bought it new, new as in from a major retailer vs eBay, then it did not have a virus.  Your AV was giving you a false positive, something Norton does frequently.

There is no way for reformat it back to factory specs.  Any type of formating you do will realign the clusters, create a MBR and create a partition table.  Sorry.

"what can i do?"

You can learn that formating isn't a cure for everything. Smiley Wink

Ed

well i've learned that "formating isn't a cure for everything" but im looking for a solution to my problem,  i just want my USB get closer to the real speeds, after all you're the expert here, right?