Sandisk Dual USB - How do I know when it has finished backing up

I have put the USB Drive into my Sony Xperia Z2 and used the App and I am doing a backup of my internal Sandisk 64GB Micro SD 64GB Card.  How do I know when the backup is complete?  It has been in there for an hour and nothing seems to be happening.  It just said when I started the backup, that it would perform operation in the background.

:smiley:   Hi Upweyguy ,

_ Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome. _

Please, test on laptop, to microSDXC 64 GB, in the port-card directly, with a quality adapter (not a generic), and see what happens.

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                             (Google translated)

From what I know, there should be a confirmation message that it’s complete. But how did this worked for you sof far? x

:confounded:

ehh? (…and 7 days later…)

So far I have not been able to complete a backup without a fail message.  I have re-formatted the device again using exfat and I’ll see how I go.

If the device is formated at FAT32 the maximum file size it can hold is 4 GB.  If your backup is larger than that you do indeed need to reformat it to a different format.  I would have suggested NTFS but exFAT should work for you also.