Sandisk Cruzer odd problem

I recently bought a 8BG Sandisk Cruzer, and I’ve had it for less than a week and I’ve only used it to run movies on my Xbox and upload movies on my laptop. My problem is that without any warning my Xbox not recognize my drive but also my laptop as well with the laptop saying there was a problem installing with a Code 43, plus  also the light on the thumb drive does not work as soon as this problem started. I hope you can help.

I got the same problem, the flash drive was working just perfect for 10 days exactly, i was copying a divx movie, it finished the copy, then i put it onto Divx Portable Player, and it said that USB is not valid, then i return ti my laptop, and GOSH!!  Unknown device pop ups every single time that i plug it into a usb port. Change laptop, the same, put it usb into car stereo, the same, not a valid usb. I’ve made it all, the power supply turn off solution, the uninstall from control panel, the update driver option, i refused to think that is a hardware problem, because it went from good to bad, in less than a minute. Thank you in advance for your help. I’m from México, english is not my native languaje.

The Cruzer is designed for PCs, not cars, not Divx players, not X boxes.  Using it in devices it’s not designed for can result in the device being trashed…