Sandisc Cruzer Glide 32GB USB Flash Drive stopped working

My device just stopped working. I get “unknown device” or “usb device malfunction not recognized by windows”. I have tried four different computers, two windows 7 and two windows vista. On front usb ports, rear usb ports, also tried several usb reading devices, reformat two of the computers but still Nothing. computers won’t start unless I remove flash drive from the usb ports. The blue neon  light from rear of the flash drive is not flashing while is plugged in anymore, In “Universal Serial Bus Controller” I get “unknown device”. It was in perfec working condition in the morning and just stopped working in the afternoon. Flash drive is Cruzer Glide 32GB but it was just half full, (maybe 16gb of data). I’m thinking to tear it apart and connect some wires as I seen in you tube but I don’t know if that will erase all data because I have to use soldering to solder the four leads. Few days before this happened I noticed one of my daugthers giving our router wi-fi  code number to one of her male friends when doing  some college homework at my home with their loptops but I don’t know if that could be the problem because just two days later flash drive stopped working. Help!

All things die,including electrical equipment.  Hopefully you have a backup of the files.

If the drive is still under warrantee SanDisk will replace it.  Whether they will do it after you have disassembled it and tried to solder it is less certain.

Few days before this happened I noticed one of my daugthers giving our router wi-fi  code number to one of her male friends when doing  some college homework at my home with their loptops but I don’t know if that could be the problem because just two days later flash drive stopped working.

Unlikely to blame.

Unfortunally I did not back all files. Device was just two months old. I did’n’t even formatted but thanks for your response. I won’t give up. I have been reading online cases of this nature for almost one month with usb flash drives of many types and variations/models and there is always someone up there with a “trick under the hat” which could make it work. Device was working fine, never dropped or removed from usb port improperly. One morning it was working and then stopped working in the afternoon. I did mention the incident with my daughters boyfriend because when I realized she was giving out our router wi-fi code number to him I was upset and thought maybe he hacked my usb since he did have our router wi-fi number.

Whatever you do, do not tear it apart. I think most warrantys get voided if you open the flash drive.

Contains memories from my three daughters elementary, middle and high school memories as well as photos from trips to san francisco, vegas, wisconsin dells and florida. I wil explore other alternatives before giving up. I know photos are in the flash drive and there is someone up there this forum/community can help me out recovering them. Maybe twicking or tinkering with the device to recover those memories. At this point claiming warranty is not an option. The memories are far more important to me so if I get a solid advice which requires me to tear apart the device, it is worth it

Those memories are certainly important and also didn’t happen in the 2 months that you’ve owned the flash drive, so where are the originals?  Why can’t they be recopied to a new drive?

As for trying to recover the files I would recommend a local pc tech shop.  Someone that you can talk to face to face verses a remote service. 

You right, those menories are the compilation of many years but we all decided to keep them into this flash drive about 2 1/2 months ago. Many of these memories are in the form of old paper photos, so I scanned them into this flash drive, and certainly those I will be able to save again into another usb flash drive  but many others were from digital camera’s memory sd memory cards from my daughthers cameras. We all have our own digital camera with our own memory card, Also I have mine, my wife has hers. We decided to pick the images from all sd cards, (because they were full), and put then into one flash drive and eventually we all deleted all images from all our sd memory cards to keep using the same memory cards instead of purchasing new ones . Anyways, I don’t think it is relevant to go into particular details which are irrelevant to save the flash drive because that is our only objective here.

I don’t think it is relevant to go into particular details which are irrelevant to save the flash drive because that is our only objective here.

I don’t agree.  I think preserving the files is the main objective.  Especially if the flash drive has gone to bit heaven which I suspect it has.  To that end I strongly recommend the camera sd memory cards be removed ASAP.  Deleted files can frequently be recovered if they aren’t written over so stop using the cards. 

Then find a local tech shop that can recover the deleted files. Do NOT Google for apps to recover deleted files the majority are scams and will take your money.   This one I trust.  https://www.piriform.com/recuva

obviously I meant save the files when I wrote" save the flash drive" because the objective is just that. All sd cards from digital cameras have been re- used for other family/school events. Seeking the service of a professional pc tech will be another alternative but I will explore the site you suggested. thanks a lot 

Try this link. I don’tknow much but this may work. https://www.wiknix.com/usb-device-not-recognized/

Try this link. Hope it works for ya ! https:https://www.wiknix.com/usb-device-not-recognized///www.wiknix.com/usb-device-not-recognized/

This link might help. www.wiknix.com/usb-device-not-recognized/

I had the same problem - worked fine on all the other computers including a mac (works fine now on them) but not this particular computer - at one time it could read USB’s now it can.  It’s this computer that’s the problem not the USB - i could use advice

take it to apple store - ask to see if it will work on their computer - it works on my son’s - might surprise u!  it might be your computer that’s a problem - 

You post to a thread whose last posting was over a year old:

" It’s this computer that’s the problem not the USB - i could use advice"

Then you post:

“take it to apple store - ask to see if it will work on their computer”

Really!!

Planning on coming back in a day or two and editing your postings?

Reads like SPAM to me.