SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0: Only 114 GB of 119 GB available?

This is really annoying. Did you actually READ what I wrote?

I am well aware of the difference between actual size and what my operating system (i.e. Windows) shows as available capacity. According to this, a 128 GB stick should show up as 119 GB. However, the stick that I bought only shows 114. Yes, 114 GB unformatted. So the 5 GB is not lost due to formatting (and formatting only takes a couple 100 MB at max). So it is still 5 GB less than advertized! How do you explain this? 5 GB for system functions or performance? Really? If that is the case, then I call this false advertizement! If the stick needs 5 GB for those functions, SanDisk should add 5 GB more, so that available capacity becomes indeed the advertized 128 GB!

Oh: I received a replacement from Amazon now, because I claimed warranty. The new one has 1 GB more than the first one, but still only 115 instead of the advertized 119 GB. :confounded:

See the underlined number in the attached screenshot. According to the packaging (with the 1 GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes) this number should read AT LEAST 128,000,000,000.

storage_missing.PNG