Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
bosch1993

SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 (64GB) Flash Drive not working

I just bought a SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 Flash Drive (64GB) yesterday, when i plugged it in my PC, i can see the files inside. ie. the Club Sandisk thing. but i wasnt able to copy anything on it, so i tried to reformat it to try my luck and nothing had happen, the drive now is just a drive that can only work after being formatted. but now i cant reformat it...

SanDisk User
peleus

Re: SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 (64GB) Flash Drive not working

Hi bosch. Few things, make sure that your PC is USB 3.0 capable. 

What OS are you using here and any error message when trying to reformat this? 

elonja

I just got the same usb 3,, can"t format both using usb 3 or usb 2 windows 7 ultimate,, please help

SanDisk Guru
Ed_P

[ Edited ]

New USB flash drives don't need to be formatted.  They are formatted at the factory.

Ed
elonja

but the device is fat32,, you must change it to ntfs. in any case it dosen't work

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

To my knowledge all flash drives come formatted as FAT32. The only reaosn one would need to re-format to NTFS is if they needed to transfer a single file over 4GB in size.

colinyau

I have the same problem with 2 drives of this model. Tired formating on 2 PCs (one XP, one Win7) and cannot format to NTFS even with Diskpart in command mode. The drive also cannot be read in MAC (one 2011 w USB 2 and another 2012 w USB 3). Partition or format in MAC fails.

Shop will not refund, called technical support and was asked to get replcaement which will not solve problem. Need Sandisk to provide a solution for:

1) format to NTFS

2) MAC OSX compatibility

PB
PB

Just got a 64 and a 32gb in the mail and they were strangly dropping out then back on when connected to usb 2.0 every know and then but when plugged into usb 3.0, where I have a usb 3.0 dock w/hdd that work great, it would just pop in and out ever few seconds.   Made the mistake of thinking something might be up with the data on teh drive so I did a quick format and of course it would effectivley just sit there and fail no matter what setting I used and is now useless.
So I have over hundred dollars in usb 3.0 flash drives that don't work with USB 3.0, didn't work consistantly in usb 2.0 and one now that is a brick.   Really wish I would have found this forum or read some of the Amazon comments before making this mistake.   They must have screened the ones they sent out to reviewers.

PB
PB

Should have mentioned, for what it's worth, that the systems I tried it on were a windows 7, windows 8 rtm and windows 8 CP.  All 64 bit. All same results.  Saw people with Mac's and XP having simliar issues in other forums.

SanDisk Guru
Ed_P

"Just got a 64 and a 32gb in the mail"

In the mail from whom?  eBay?

Ed