SanDisk Extreme PRO USB 3.0 Stopped working when plugging into PC

Ok this problem just started happening yesterday and am wondering if anyone has any ideas what’s causing this. I have 2 USB 3.0 ports and 2 USB 2.0 ports on the front of my PC. I usually plug it into my 3.0 port and it works no problem but the last 2 days I have a weird problem - It just doesn’t power on when I plug it in. I see no blue light flashing and my PC (Windows 10) does not detect it. So with a bit of playing around I plugged it into the USB 2.0 port and it detected it instantly and the blue light flashed. After this I unplugged it and put it back into the USB 3.0 port and THEN it powered on no problem. The next day it did the same thing and I repeated this process and it once again starting working again. Any ideas what could be causing this?? Is it a sign my drive is starting to fail? Thank you! (On a side note I use a NVidia Shield TV box and my Sandisk flash drive is usually plugged into that. My Nvidia box goes into sleep mode but even in sleep mode I notice when I unplug the USB key from the box it is always very warm to the touch even when it’s not in use for a while - could this be bad for the drive?). Thanks!

I suspect it is Windows reassigning drive letters.  When it doesn’t show up check Disk Management and if it shows there manually assign a drive letter to it.