SanDisk Cruzer memory space

Hi

I have a SanDisk Cruzer Edge 32GB and have recently emptied it of aorund 80% of my files to create room for new ones. Unfortunatley it doesn’t recognised that any of the files have been removed thus I can’t store any extra files on it! Please could some body tell me how to get it to realise it has lots of space on it now? I’ve tried unplugging it for a few days and plugging it back in but to no avail! Beyond that, I’m not sure what else will help.

Many thanks

Jessicast.

:smiley:   Hi Jesicast,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Please:

• If you have MAc, try to empty the trash.

• If you have Win, test formatted with FAT32.

• Also, try other PCs.

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                           (Google translated)

If you are using Windows Jessicast check that the system’s Recycle Bin is empty.  Some newer USB drives use it.  No need to format it.

Just reformat it I guess. it will basically delete everything and it will bring the space back.

:smiley:   Hi Jessicast,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Please:

- If you have MAc, try to empty the trash.

- If you have Win, try to formatted with FAT32.

- Also, try other PCs.

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                            (Google translated)

Do NOT format the drive needlessly unless you backup the 20% of your files still on the drive.

Many “experts” who don’t understand how Windows work blindly recommend formating USB drives. 

[  Many “experts” who don’t understand how Windows work blindly recommend formating USB drives. ]

I’m sorry for you, but the formatting in UFD solid state, is not harmful.

It may be true, intensively, in electromechanical hard drives.

Especially, the low-level format on them is not recommended.

But HD for of the last 10 years, is an old myth.

“experts”

“who don’t understand how Windows work”

“blindly”

Really, you think so, or are angry newly?

Perhaps, after 250 replies, I deserve to be mistreated, publicly?

And by a simple difference of opinion?

It is “a bit much”, do not you think?

Thanks.

Yes I was in some what of a bad mood when i posted, but…  someone who has posted 250 replies should know that some newer USB drives are Fixed mode rather than Removable and that Windows automatically assigns Recycle Bins to Fixed drives.  So guess where the OP’s files went that he/she deleted.  If the OP complained their harddrive was full would you have recommended formating it?

Do note C acho you weren’t the only one posting “format” as the solution.