SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB Device cannot detect properly by Win 7 64bits

Hi tangsuan,

i have the same problem, up to about a week ago, everything were fine, now both my 4gb and 16bg sandisk Cruzer blade drives have stopped working, but they are fine at work XP. tried uninstalling, the only thing out norm were that windows asked for the drive to be allow access!, then work for a little while then stopped again.

have you had any success!! with sandisk etc.

Regards

Tonym

hi tried to get some support from sandisk, got nowwhere. I think best not buy these drives, there rubush…

i purchased last month
same problem in Win7 sp1 x64,

in another SOs has no problem…

i use a utility to clean the regedit of unused usb devices called DriveCleanup

i unplug & apply this program, after reboot…

the pendrive only work one time, must respeat this, ■■■■■…

maybe the problem is caused by a strain update of windows (WPD)??

in this case we need a firmware update, tried to get support too

please sandisk, fix it this horrible problem!

thanks, modma

i have been using 2 and 4 GB SanDisk Cruzer USB Drives with my Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64 bit installation without issue.  I recently purchased a set of 3 16 GB Ultra USB Flash Drives and Windows reports “Device driver software was not successfully installed”.  I don’t understand why SanDisk has not fixed this issue.

Hi all:

I would like to update this solution for this problem from Sandisk support.

This solution may be different from case to case but if you have installed Samsung KIES in your PC, then most likely this is the solution.

If you kill the KiesTrayAgent.exe, the Sandisk can be detected smoothly everytime you plug into my notebook.

thanks and best regard.

Apparently the Sony Play Memories app causes problems also.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/Windows-7-Explorer-not-showing-drive-while-it-shows-in-computer/m-p/289728#M4017

@tangsuan wrote:

Hi all:

I would like to update this solution for this problem from Sandisk support.

This solution may be different from case to case but if you have installed Samsung KIES in your PC, then most likely this is the solution.

If you kill the KiesTrayAgent.exe, the Sandisk can be detected smoothly everytime you plug into my notebook.

thanks and best regard.

yes, i can centificate: if closes kies agent, works in 64bit systems…

With the Cruzer plugged in and working what happens when you restart Kies?

ANybody who has samsung kies program in computer and sandisk flashdisk… they donot work togather. in start menu of your windows (mine is w7 home) write “msconfig” and enter.

then a window will appear. there, you go to statup and uncheck everything about KIes. this is the startup programs to start automatically when win starts. it will as to resatr. do it.

then next time your sandisk will not be recognised. dont care. without touching sandisk, shut down computer and turn on again. every thing will be fine.

I read it smwhere and applied 4 myslef now everything works.

Kies? you have to start manually when you need.

My PC runs XP SP3 and my 16Gb Cruzer Blade was okay until recently. My PC knew the drive was plugged in and gave it a drive letter after about a minute but I couldn’t see any files on the drive.

I tried all the suggestion on the Sandisk website but nothing worked.

Then reading through the forum I came across  the suggestion to disable Samsung Kiestrayagent.exe and immediately my drive started working correctly.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully Sandisk will resolve this problem.

Hi All, I was having the same problem with a number of Cruzers (two out of four). Once I disabled Keis and rebooted, the two malfunctioning Cruzers worked correctly.

Thanks all.

Regards,

Noel.

hi my name is ali I am from Iran thank you a lot  I do your suggest its resolve my problem I want to hope best life for you

thanks again

bay

ali_a1354@yahoo.com

hi, 

i have a problem with my sandisk cruzer blade(8gb). i loaded some files on this disk, but now windows cannot read the disk or cannot format the said disk 

Did you remove it too quickly?  That can screw up the File Allocation Table (FAT).  Try running a CHKDSK command against it.

My cruzer switch has stopped auto installing as it would before i am requiring internet to install my drive to any computer 

how should i solve my problem

:smiley:   Hi Tamaghna,

_ Dear member of SanDisk Community, _ welcome.

In the _ Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Computer Management / Device Management Tools:_ see if a _ USB icon _ is crossed out with _ red _, or there is a _ yellow _ question mark, etc.

Please, see also, for a teaching with images, links:
http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10/session/L3RpbWUvMTM5Nzg0OTAwNC9zaWQvTnc3SVk2U2w%3D
http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8482

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                             

Hi

I can see the drive; if i open properties, it says it has 6GB on it out of 8GB; but only 2 files show-

short-cut to removable drive 8gb

wmpinfo

I cannot see any files and open them

Win7 Pro SP 1

64-bit OS

Thanks if anyone can help

mfe

hi

thanks for that.

nothing yet. the drive is fine, but still cannot see the 6 GB of music or others in it. Tried all options you offered…

And the last thiong I want to do is format it!\

Regards

Brian

Does running a CHKDSK command on it help?

Does rebooting help?

Does trying it in other pcs help?

What are you using to see what is on the drive, Windows Explorer?

PS It doesn’t cost anything to start a new thread.  This one’s last post is over a year ago. 

chkdsk says it is fine