SanDisk Cruzer Blade SDCZ50-016G

Hello,

I bought an USB Flash Drive SanDisk Cruzer Blade SDCZ50-016G (16 GB) but it doesn’t work being inserted in my PC under Windows XP.  Windows XP is not marked as compatible OS for this USB Flash Drive.

Maybe I need to download some kind of software to solve this problem?

Thank you for help.

Leo.

Hello,

in order to make sure that the usb flash drive is working fine you can also try it with another pc to see if its working fine with the other pc. If yes then you know that there is something wrong with the xp pc if not then you know that the drive is faulty.

Hi deponia,

thank you for the answer.

The point is that Windows XP is not marked as compatible OS for this USB Flash Drive There is a list of compatible OS’s for the USB Flash Drive printed on its cover.

The USB Flash Drive is OK, I checked it with other PC.

Regards,      

Leo.

Maybe I need to download some kind of software to solve this problem?

The software you would need would be a driver and since Microsoft discontinued support for XP over a year ago finding one will be near impossible. 

XP is an insecure OS to be running at this point.  You should replace it.  A Linux distro would be an inexpensive option and would possibly provide support for the Blade to boot.

Quick one please. Is there also a way to download that driver on Sandisk site as well so users could still use this on WIndows XP?

there are no drivers for the product. even though it is not supported on XP it should still work. It uses the standard MCS drivers that XP should already have.