Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
millero

Re: SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB write protected error

Dear All who are suffering from write protection error,

The customer service answered to me and they know about the issue, so here it is to clarify the situation to everyone:

"I understand that you are getting write protection error while accessing your Cruzer flash drive. The flash drive has detected a potential fault and has become write protected to prevent data loss. There is no method to fix this. You will need to backup your data and replace the flash drive.
Our team of developers is in combination with the OS developers looking into a solution to resolve this issue.
Please note that only a minor percentage of users are experiencing the write protection issue and these are the customers posting on the internet to find a solution."
So wait, or change back your drive if it's under warranty...
SanDisk Guru
Ed_P

"Our team of developers is in combination with the OS developers "

OS developers??  If the problem is a hardware problem why would there need to be discussions with OS developers??  hmmmm...

Thank you.  :smileylol:

Ed
millero

Ed,

Are you serious? The key here is:

The flash drive has detected a potential fault and has become write protected to prevent data loss. There is no method to fix this. You will need to backup your data and replace the flash drive.

This is an official answer from SanDisk. Obviously it is a hardware problem...

The OS developers may find a trick, but it is less likely... Flash drives needs to be replaced as written...

videone

There is no software solution!!! Its a hardware fault!! I use this kind of device to backup important data!!!! SanDisk is not a serious company!!! BUY KINGSTON memory!! never buy SanDisk produtcts! !!!  Cheng Brazil

ld3030

I've had three of these usb drives lock up saying they were right protected (2 )16gig and (1) 8 gig.  the two 16 gig drive were very new, was only able to use a gig of memory before they became locked...these are not isolated incidents...Sandisk drives have big problems will never buy another one!

nICKEY

What a story I bought 2 SanDisk cruzer blade 4g flask drives, If you tell me that your team can do nothing to resolve the failure off your disk then they should go and developed something else, to me SanDisk is then a waste of time and money, or is this build in errors to up sales 15%, this boring excuse is not the space worth, do you really think your customers are peanuts in a packet, do you really think we must buy the storey of it is limited to people posting it on the net, someone should wake up and do their work, resolve the problem, my first SanDisk products was the last two.

Thanks for the nothing

Nickey Matthee

abdulazizfakir

I was hoping to see a solution by this time instead of the mind boggling jumble that leads to nowhere!

jun4ev3r

HOT topic...i am also become one of that getting this probleem....
my  SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB that are purchased no longer and it still funtion on last 2 days...

but...when i copying the file, suddenly it is pop out what write-protected...

after that, i trying to put my file again, or format the SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB..it always come out 
<THE DISK IS WRITE PROTECTED> !!!!!!:catmad:

Spoiler
Spoiler
:catmad::robotmad::robotmad:

Makkari

New advertising campaign on the Horizon!

The next generation of CDR!

SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16Gb Flash Drive

THE best thing since a round CDR! Now your completely uselss storage device can be used for picking your nose! You couldn't do that with a rubbish CDR, but you can with the Cruzer Blade!

If you're lucky you'll get a few months write access too!

How much longer will the company refuse to accept any responsibilty for the farrago?

SanDisk Guru
Ed_P

That's not true. Rather:

Now all your files will be protected forever.  No more accidently deletions.  No more mistaken updates.  No more virus infections.  No more partner changes.  Protected FOREVER.

Ed