SanDisk Guru

Re: SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB write protected error

Yes, please do let us know your results.

In the interim try booting your pc into Safe mode and then try formating the Cruzer.

BTW  Does your Cruzer have U3 on it perchance?

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

I'm having exately the same problem, my Cruzer Edge 16GB became read-only from the nothing. 

No resolutions yet ? 

Brazilian Thanks.

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

"No resolutions yet?"

Have you tried writing to it after booting to Safe Mode?

Have you tried detailing what your environment is?  ie what OS are you running, Linux or Windows?  XP or 7?  32 bit or 64 bit?what other apps are you running, especially what anti-virus and anti-malware?  Are you using a personal pc or a school pc?  Schools and corporations can impose write limitations on their pcs.

If a personal pc and WIndows XP or 7 have you tried this option:

1. Open Start Menu 

2. Run, type regedit and press Enter, this will open the registry editor. 

3. Navigate to the following path: 
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies 
4. Double click the key WriteProtect in the right pane and set the value to 0 In the Value Data Box and press OK button 
5. Exit Registry 
6. Remove your Blade

7. Reboot your pc.

8. Re-connect your Blade to your pc. 

Without knowing what your running and what you've tried it's hard to suggest a solution.

Ed

i've already did it and don't worked for my cruzer.

thanks

[ Edited ]

and i tried programs like HS Utility repair, uRescue, but no one works with my pendrive, says pendrive not found. The same error appears at Windows XP and 7.

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Just to be clear, you tried booting to Safe Mode then writing to the Cruzer?

BTW A "pendrive not found" is different from a "pendrive write protected".  In order to be write protected the pendrive is found by the OS.

Ed

[ Edited ]

Guys please help me I'm stuck here. I really need to use my memory drive. I can't delete or cut or format the drive. I have test it in so many computers (windows, Linux &...) Please give me a solution

please!! please!!

Friend, the utility program who should format the pendrive says pendrive not found. I can see what is on the pendrive, but i can't format, add new files and remove files, says 'Your pendrive is write-protected'.

I've tried to boot at secure mode and don't worked. 

Thanks.

SanDisk Guru

I'm still confused RickDan.

The utility to format the drive runs under Windows?  Or is it a standalone utility that boots from a CD or USB?  If the utility runs under Windows and Windows can read the drive it could mean that the utility doesn't support removable drives or Windows security is preventing it from seeing the drive.

As for "I've tried to boot at secure mode and don't worked." does that mean you couldn't boot to Safe mode or you booted to it and the format utility didn't work.

Another option might be to try a utility like Parted Magic to format the drive or at least see if it can write to the drive.  If it can write to the drive the problem is Windows.  If it can't the problem is the drive.

Ed

Friends,

I have the same error on my 8 gb cruzer edge and tried 2 format it with windows(7,xp)linux(debian,ubuntu,redhat) and tools like Gparted..., but no use... In linux it can be mounted only as a 'read only file system'...Wasted so many days trying to fix it...Smiley Sad

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanking You

Ajith