SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB write protected error

Found at Toms Hardware:

Click on ‘Start’ –> ‘Run’ –> type in ‘regedit’ and press enter.
Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Scroll down the list and click on SYSTEM
Click on CurrentControlSet
Click on Policies
Click on Microsoft
Click on FVE
In the panel on the right side, if the values for either FDVDenyWriteAccess OR RDVDenyWriteAccess are anything other than ‘0x00000000 (0)’, right click and then click on ‘Modify’, then enter ‘0’ and press Enter.
Remove the flash drive and reinsert. You can now copy to or write to the flash drive.

Works for Windows 7 Professional SP-1 64-bit

Find the wedding dress of your dreams by browsing thousands of dresses in popular styles. In wedding dress gallery, you can search by and view a-line, ball gown, mermaid, and sheath wedding dresses. For more…
Please visit    Rakhi Images

Find the wedding dress of your dreams by browsing thousands of dresses in popular styles. In wedding dress gallery, you can search by and view a-line, ball gown, mermaid, and sheath wedding dresses. For more…
Please visit <Rakhi Images

Please visit <a href= "http://www.dooiitt.com/beautiful-relationship-rakhi-images/">Rakhi Images</a>

Afternoon _ Tapeworm: _

_   _ I too, learned 'the hard way" as you did about the limitation of FAT32. There is one soulution, albeit a rather extreme one. If your familiar with partitioning a drive, then you could partition your drive in to 4 partions. You’d lose just a bit of memory space due to the partitions, but would be able to use the greatest part of the drive as opposed to just slightly less and 4 Gb. Just a thought. The alternative would be to format the drive in NTFS; which doesn’t limit file sizes.

Stay Sharp:

_ :wink:Rick _

my 32gb won’t let me have a password 

Why? 

On the side of the drive there is a little switch.  Move it in the opposite direction and then try it.

Hello forum, i create an account just to tell my story

maybe I have the ULTIMATE and FINAL solution to this ugly problem  hehe

try like 10 methods around the web  and this forum to solve this problem

some of them work for some people, but not for the most

Hope that this method work for everybody

it works for sandisk glide 32gb 3.0 and the cruzer blade 16gb checked by myself

THE SOLUTION WAS FORMAT THE PENDRIVE IN A LINUX ENVIROMENT.

i spend several hours trying to format the cruzer16gb with no success

and give to my neighbor the 32gb glide one, 5 minutes later he knock my door and  told me its done!

I use linux since ubuntu4.0 now i consider myself an advanced linux user… 
I cannot write by any method on the cruzer force 32 gb. 
I tried gparted . dd and fdisk…
@kbsound: if you know a working  method in the linux enviroment, please consider to share.
thanks in advance.

If the drive doesn’t work return it for a replacement, either the place where you bought it or to SanDisk.

Open command prompt window and execute these commands in this order:

1. diskpart
  2. list disk
  3. select disk # (# is the number assigned to the flash drive)
  4. clean
    After I type this it says…(Diskpart has encountered an error: The media is write protected. See the System event log for more information.)
  5. create partition primary
  6. select partition 1
  7. active
  8. format fs=ntfs quick

Exit after it’s done, remove the stick from USB and plug it again.

Thanks & Regards,

Tom,

I would never recommend a journaling file system for a flash drive.  FAT or exFAT only.

I love this post. Thanks for starting it. I had the same issue but reading all the replies helped me a lot. I’m glad. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Free Accounts

If the disk says ‘write protected’ using Dos how can you do ’ clean’ or any other command.

Я использовал USB-накопитель, чтобы создать диск резервного копирования / восстановления для моего ноутбука.

Я не понимал, что ноутбук переформатирует диск в меньший размер.

Когда я закончил использовать его для восстановления, я попытался использовать для резервного копирования данных и найти меньший размер.

@lounvre wrote:

Check your sd card if it is a FAT32 format drive, then manage your disk management by going to Start menu, right click My Computer, click Manage and look for Disk Management. You can see there the drive of your SD card showing FAT32, right click the SD card drive and format (make sure you backup your files). Change FAT32 format to NTFS, thick quick format and wait when its done. That’s it, you now have a working SD card. Good luck!

I think the problem may be OS dependent. Try running the cruzer blade within XP. I found it to work when I did but when I went over to Win 7 and higher I had problems. I have this theory there may be a virus causing it.

@britany wrote:

@lounvre wrote:

Check your sd card if it is a FAT32 format drive, then manage your d audacity temp mail origin isk management by going to Start menu, right click My Computer, click Manage and look for Disk Management. You can see there the drive of your SD card showing FAT32, right click the SD card drive and format (make sure you backup your files). Change FAT32 format to NTFS, thick quick format and wait when its done. That’s it, you now have a working SD card. Good luck!

I think the problem may be OS dependent. Try running the cruzer blade within XP. I found it to work when I did but when I went over to Win 7 and higher I had problems. I have this theory there may be a virus causing it.

I wonder if there exists any XP systems any more?  That was an OS 20 yrs ago,  hasn’t been supported in over a decade, and the hardware it was on has to be all dead at this point.