SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB write protected error

so any suggestions how i should destoy this piece of ****

If you work with the SanDisk RMA process http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5232/~/return-material-authorization-(rma)-process I believe they will allow you to destroy the Blade with a hammer and still be able to return it for a free replacement.

I don’t know if Kingston offers that kind of warrantee.  But we will find out soon enough.

As for editting the Registry to fix the problem. that might be awkward if the drive is used on multiple machines, and could be impossible if the machines are the property of someone else.

Guys! I think I just fixed my Cruzer Blade 4gb!

I also had a “write protected” error tried to use MiniAide, HP USB Format tool, tried to do something in registry but no luck.

Then I’ve installed RmPrepUSB, formatted my pendrive and it’s seems to be working! My mp3 player recognize it and play music.

Here what i did:

1. Install RmPrepUSB

2. Select you drive

3.  Mark “Set partition as non-bootable”

1. In bootloader options select  WinPEv2/WinPEv3/Vista/Win7/bootable…

5 Filesystem: FAT32

1. And then press the Prepare Drive button

Give it a try before smashing it with a hummer!

Clipboard01.jpg

@telect wrote:

_ Give it a try before smashing it with a hummer! _

Really? That’s a bit over-kill, don’t you think?

I think the problem may be OS dependent. Try running the cruzer blade within XP. I found it to work when I did but when I went over to Win 7 and higher I had problems. I have this theory there may be a virus causing it.

Check your sd card if it is a FAT32 format drive, then manage your disk management by going to Start menu, right click My Computer, click Manage and look for Disk Management. You can see there the drive of your SD card showing FAT32, right click the SD card drive and format (make sure you backup your files). Change FAT32 format to NTFS, thick quick format and wait when its done. That’s it, you now have a working SD card. Good luck!

Ok, Just Copy All Of the Files And Folders To Some Other Storage Device If you want to keep them. Then If Your USB Flash Drive Is Under Warranty And As You Said Don’t Want to Expose It To Others. Then You Should call SanDisk And As Fot an Exception.

On Damage USB Flash Drives. Then Thay May Tell You How To Make It Unreadable Before You Send It Back For Replacement.

I Read Some Where That one Person Did That And SanDisk Made A Exception The There Return Policy About User Adbuse.

Also I Have Taked A Look At This Write Protect Issue. It Not A Windows System Problem Or SanDisk Chip Issue, As The SadDisk USB Flash Drives Are Setup To Automaticly Go Into Wrire Protect Mode If Durring Writing To its Drive An Error Of Unrecovery Type, It Will Go Into Write Protect Mode. And At This Date And Time Your Only Option Is If Under Warranty Is To Return It, For Replacement Or maybe Refund ?

Talker1937

i found a fix to wright protec use a xbox 360 to format it and it well fix it i just done it

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CydWlQLUAAEKoQn.jpg:large

SanDisk are f*cking cunts.

No seriously. This is what you call built-in obsolescence.

For most of you, your drives have disabled the write access themselves, because - and that’s what this sh*tty company tells you - to protect them from data loss. It’s hardware based, you can basically not get around it. Or only with some f*ggo tool SanDisk has themselves.

My stick was working perfectly fine and the only thing I probably triggered was a GB written counter which caused the drive to shutdown. A drive just doesn’t go defect from nowhere. Also, why can I still read it perfectly and just not write to it anymore.

I call bullsh*t. So are the products of them.

If you’re lucky you just set a software partition or file system read-only flag. But for many people who participated in this thread, it’s the story I just posted. You lost here.

The only win you can get out of this situation is the experience to dump SanDisk products.

Oh, and stop censoring my badwords. If you want feedback, deal with it.

millitaryman69 wrote:

My stick was working perfectly fine and the only thing I probably triggered was a GB written counter which caused the drive to shutdown. A drive just doesn’t go defect from nowhere. Also, why can I still read it perfectly and just not write to it anymore.

Because this is the way flash memory works. There is a finite number or program/erase (write cycles) that can be done to a flash memory cell before it dies. When you get to a point there is no reserve space left for the controller to use for bad cells you can run into data loss issues if you continue writing to the device. 

Reads do not cause wear on the cell so continued reading from the cell is not going to cause a data loss issue. This is why the controller locks it into read only. to prevent data loss. if you have a drive with this issue backup your data and contact sandisk support. If it is within the warranty they will replace it

Oh, and stop censoring my badwords. If you want feedback, deal with it.

Also you should calm down with the profanity. It is strictly forbidden in the forum rules and guidelines and can get you banned from posting here is you continue using this type of language in your posts. This is a forum for everyone and most people don’t want to read this type of language. 

1 Like

i also want to know about this error because i am facing this issue again and again. 

regards 

http://customercaresupportinfo.in/

i am also having the same issue and still dont get a solution for that plz help

Customer Care Support- Toll Free Number’s, Email Id, Complaint Helpline Number’s

Sia Jewellery Customer Care Helpline Number, Complaint Email Id, Office Address

Tata Sky Dish TV 24×7 Customer Care Toll Free Number, Office Address & Email Id 

here’s the perfect solution.
throw it in the trash, make sure its in the non combustible.

go buy a new flash drive, best on the market right now is kingston or samsung
and for that other jackass that said, i hope your new brand has a more generous return policy;
you wont even be needing a return policy because, it wont really need replacing. whereas with this WONDERFUL company, you’ll need to call in for a replacement every other day, and lose whatever you hadn’t backed up.
btw: isnt backing up the point of flash drives? if you back up a pc files to a flash drive, then back up the flash drive to your pc… yeah that makes as much sense as sandisk themselves do, lol.

other creative activites you can perform with this WONDERFUL product is;

1. if there’s some heavy furniture with a damaged leg, you can use this to balance it out, by placing it underneath said furniture.
  2. when you’re up some place really high, and want to drop something, and you think of spitting — well, sandisk flash drives are here for you! its less expensive than your saliva.
  3. do you have someone you secretly hate? then gift them a sandisk flash drive, and you’ll have made them lose important files and/or hours of their time looking for a solution.

Sandisk; when you feel like your life is too easy, buy a flash drive from us :smiley:
we will help you appreciate the better things in life, like kingston.:smiley:

Who cares if he will get banned by a company which somehow manages to manufacture fricken DEAD ON ARRIVAL product when its manufacture process became mature TEN YEARS AGO!

First time I connect this drive and it’s ALREADY broken! What the fruck?!!

I am also facing same issue please help me any one Customer Care & Toll Free Number 

Found at Toms Hardware:

Click on ‘Start’ –> ‘Run’ –> type in ‘regedit’ and press enter.
Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Scroll down the list and click on SYSTEM
Click on CurrentControlSet
Click on Policies
Click on Microsoft
Click on FVE
In the panel on the right side, if the values for either FDVDenyWriteAccess OR RDVDenyWriteAccess are anything other than ‘0x00000000 (0)’, right click and then click on ‘Modify’, then enter ‘0’ and press Enter.
Remove the flash drive and reinsert. You can now copy to or write to the flash drive.

Works for Windows 7 Professional SP-1 64-bit

Find the wedding dress of your dreams by browsing thousands of dresses in popular styles. In wedding dress gallery, you can search by and view a-line, ball gown, mermaid, and sheath wedding dresses. For more…
Please visit    Rakhi Images

Find the wedding dress of your dreams by browsing thousands of dresses in popular styles. In wedding dress gallery, you can search by and view a-line, ball gown, mermaid, and sheath wedding dresses. For more…
Please visit <Rakhi Images

Please visit <a href= "http://www.dooiitt.com/beautiful-relationship-rakhi-images/">Rakhi Images</a>

Afternoon _ Tapeworm: _

_   _ I too, learned 'the hard way" as you did about the limitation of FAT32. There is one soulution, albeit a rather extreme one. If your familiar with partitioning a drive, then you could partition your drive in to 4 partions. You’d lose just a bit of memory space due to the partitions, but would be able to use the greatest part of the drive as opposed to just slightly less and 4 Gb. Just a thought. The alternative would be to format the drive in NTFS; which doesn’t limit file sizes.

Stay Sharp:

_ :wink:Rick _