SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB write protected error

If you follow the steps you posted:

(If you don’t believe me, go Computer>F-drive>Properties>Hardware>Sandisk Cruzer Blade Device>Properties>Policies

you will see on the Policies tab “Removal policy” and under that heading you will see “Quick removal (default)” and under that option “Better performance”.  The word “default” is put there by Windows and doesn’t change if the “Better performance” option is selected.

So, that’s how it is, you forget to ask permissionle, pull it out (you might as well marry the thing), no green tick, it says"No way" and uses write protect to stop your barbarity.”

Unfortunately if the Better performance option is used and the USB is simply yanked out, it doesn’t say “No way”, it doesn’t say anything.  At least not on my machines.  And what is this “write protect” you refer to?  Is “it” a Windows thing, a hardware thing, …?

Don’t format, don’t mess about with drive recovery programs, and DON’T BLAME THE PRODUCT!

Now that is something I agree with. :smiley:

My personal theory as to the USB drives getting screwed up is they are used on machines that have the “Better performance” option enabled, they are indeed yanked out without using the Safe Removal option and the FAT on the USB drive gets screwed up if they have written to the USB drive.  The files on the drives and the FAT are out of sync.