SanDisk Cruzer 8GB Write Protection Problem

hi,

i have a Sandisk Cruzer 8GB USB Drive in FAT32 format. i’ve been using it on Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows XP without any problems. recently i used it at an internet cafe using Windows XP without any antivirus and now whenever i try to copy/move files to it, i get a write protected error. when i used it on a system with an updated antivirus, it detected the following:

1. E:\RECYCLER\S-5-3-42-2819952290-8240758988-879315005-3665\jwgkvsq.vmx 

Threat Detected:- Win32:Confi [Wrm]

1. E:\Systesm.exe|>[Embedded_Ix#0b894]

Threat Detected:- Win32: Perkesh-D [Rtk]

1. E:\Systesm.exe|>[Embedded_Ix#0d9a0][Embedded_Ix#5cbc]

Threat Detected:- Win32:Malware-gen

4) E:\Systesm.exe|>[Embedded_Ix#0d9a0]

Threat Detected:- Win32:Malware-gen

the antivirus is unable to do anything about the above threats due to the write protection error.

i’m able to access the files in the USB Drive and am able to copy the files to a PC.

how do i remove the write protection error? i do have backup for the files in the USB drive but since i recently puchased it, i don’t have the option of buying another USB drive again.

i’d already tried to fix it by using the registry option of changing the StorageDrivePolicies’ DWord to 0, but it didn’t work.

please help.

2 Likes

I have a 8 gb sandisk. I am not a good computer user as I am an old man. I cannot write,move,copy etc. Whenever I request,

it said" the disk cannot be written because it is write protected. please remove thr bwrite protection from the volume in drive (i).

how can I solve this problem to use the flash drive normally? HELP!!!

Return it. It is defective.

my sanDisk cruzer blad 8GB flash drive is write protected please help me to remove the write protection and format it

Return it to where you bought it.  It is defective.

pleas help

@shamsheer wrote:

pleas help

pleas read posts above

SanDisk Cruzer 8GB Write Protection Problem

I have a sandisk 8gb cruzer. The reason you are experiencing the issue is because corrupt data. You likely are asked to format and of course windows has an error trying to do so. The best option to resolve the issue is use low level formatting programs such as HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool… it works every time! It ■■■■■ that you lose the data but that is the price you pay not having a hard backup!

The reason you are experiencing the issue is because corrupt data.”

Not according to SanDisk.

@gamymo wrote:

I have a 8 gb sandisk. I am not a good computer user as I am an old man. I cannot write,move,copy etc. Whenever I request,

it said" the disk cannot be written because it is write protected. please remove thr bwrite protection from the volume in drive (i).

“how can I solve this problem to use the flash drive normally? HELP!!!”

You can’t, the drive is broken and needs to be replaced.  Copy the files that you want to save to your pc’s hard drive then return the Cruzer to either where you bought it or to SanDisk. 

To return it to SanDisk review this link: 

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5232/~/return-material-authorization-(rma)-process

Hello…sir,

I have a 8 gb sandisk. I cannot write,move,copy etc. Whenever I request,

it said" the disk cannot be written because it is write protected. please remove the write protection from the volume in drive (D).