SanDisk - 64GB USB Type A Flash Drive malfunctions

Hi,

I bought the 64 GB flash drive from Best Buy late November 2016 from Best Buy. Here is the link to exact model I purchased.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-64gb-usb-type-a-flash-drive-red/9391264.p?skuId=9391264&cmp=RMX

At first the flash drive worked on both Mac Pro and Windows 10 (both 64 bit). But last week, when attempting to copy files from Mac Pro hard disk to flash drive, the window went pale white and the file transfers never completed. The files I attempted to ransfer were at most 40 MB in size, but the total size of file transfer was around 10 GB.

After reboot of mac pro, the flash drive is not recognized on the mac, an error message says the flash drive malfunctioned. This situation persists after all suggested "reset" recipes for mac pro were attempted.

On the Windows 10 laptop, the flash drive is recognized, the directory listings are shown, I can drill into flash drive subdirectories, but I can not open files or launch the SanDisk app on the drive. The attempt fails with a message that the drive contents were changed since last access.

I can not format the drive either.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: SanDisk - 64GB USB Type A Flash Drive malfunctions

Re: SanDisk - 64GB USB Type A Flash Drive malfunctions

Update

On one windows 10 laptop the files are shown in windows explorer, subdirectories can be drilled into, but no file can be opened, get winmm.dll not found error

On another windows 10 laptop, the files are shown in windows explorer, subdirectories can be drilled into, but only 1 file can be opened and viewed, and after closing (opened pdf file in adobe acrobat, content shows fine) the one  opened pdf file, all files disappear from windows explorer