SDCZ36-032G-SanDisk Cruzer ... does it have to be Encrypted?

Hi,

I just bought and used the SDCZ36-032G-SanDisk Cruzer   for the first time.  As a test I put a file from my hard drive on the SanDisk and before I knew it I had set up a Secure Vault and the file was Encrypted.

I am just curious if the Encrypted Vault has to be used or if it is possible just to drag and drop files from my hard drive to the SanDisk Flash without the Encryption taking place. I am using the SanDisk to store photos and I don’t care if someone would see them or not.

If so, how do I do it since I already have a vault on the SanDisk?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

“I am just curious if the Encrypted Vault has to be used or if it is possible just to drag and drop files from my hard drive to the SanDisk Flash”

No, SecureAccess does not have to be used.  Open the drive in Windows Explorer and drag files to it just like any other drive. 

If you have no need/desire to use the vault you can delete it and the other SecureAccess files and folders from the drive.  No need to format the drive, just delete the files you don’t want. 

Personally, I don’t use that as well. Just for me, I think the best security is securing the flash drive physically. Like making sure that it doesn’t get used by someone else.