SanDisk Guru

Re: Restoring to factory settings

"How do you format it from one to the other."

Smiley Surprised!!  The same way you did it initially.  Remember "I accidentlly formated it"?

What format did you "accidently" format it too?

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

Question: I format my drive to FAT32 and now my player wont pick it up can i format it back to what it was before? 

SanDisk Guru

It started out as FAT32. Can you change it back to the exact way it came from the factory? No.

I was able to make usb drive work in other appliances.

download easyus soft
delete all partitions

create a new as MBR
type as Primary
create a new partition fat32  with default settings

SanDisk Guru

delete all partitions

Factory fresh flash drives don't have partitions.

create a new as MBR

Factory fresh flash drives don't have MBR records.  They are formatted as Super Floppies.

Ed

[ Edited ]

@Ed_P #Message2

Yeah, really, kid.

[ Edited ]

@markmk #Message1

Download and install Club Sandisk for USB Flash Drives. This will restore your USB Flash Drive contents (partially)

http://www.sandisk.com/goto/ClubSanDiskUSB/
Club SanDisk For USB Flash Drives

Then you can make a folder named as "SanDisk SecureAccess 2.0" and download the appropriate setup file into that folder:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399

After executing the file, a new folder will be automatically created, called "SanDiskSecureAccess Vault" with its specific icon, and all the encrypted files will be stored in it.

These two steps restore the (original) factory settings/configuration on your SanDisk Blade Cruzer

SanDisk Guru

These two steps restore the (original) factory settings/configuration on your SanDisk Blade Cruzer

No, they will not.  They will simply reinstall the two SanDisk apps.  They will not reformat the flash drive.  If you don't believe me, format your flash drive as NTFS.  Follow your steps.  Let us know what format the drive is when you're done.

Ed

[ Edited ]

That's what markmik asks actually.

And if you can read on http://www.sandisk.com/goto/ClubSanDiskUSB/ :

"If you accidentally formatted the drive, click the button below". So, in this case "accidentally formatting" means, the person who formatted the drive did not know SanDisk icon would disappear, together with Secure Access, and then that it wouldn't be too easy to "reload" those files onto the drive.

And instead of trying to find mistakes or impossible actions in topic titles or the question, I would try to understand what people need, if you really want to help. It just would be quite adequate to try to understand what people want to tell. No one knows everything. Just if you can do things right, what you should do right; it would be already good.

SanDisk Guru

And did you click on the link you espouse to be a solution to "accidently formating"?  Does it bring you to an app to reformat the drive back to original manufactured state?  No, it simply brings you to a link to download Club Sandisk, with no mention of another standard app named SecureAccess.

But your posting does attempt to include SecureAccess so the user will have most of the factory configuration originally on the drive. 

Of course he will have waited almost 2 years to get your answer. Smiley Very Happy

Ed