Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
markmk

Restoring to factory settings

Hello, how do you restore a Cruzer Slice flash drive to factory settings?  I accidentally formatted it and all the files have went missing, even the standard files.  I am not bothered about my files, I just want all the factory files that are on it from standard.  Thanks.

SanDisk Guru
Ed_P

Re: Restoring to factory settings

" I accidentally formatted it"

"accidentally"!!  Really!!  How does one "accidentally" format a drive?

"all the files have went missing"

That is what formatting does.

Without knowing what was on it originally it's hard to suggest how to reload them.

Ed
markmk

Well when I first got my flash drive it had a few factory folders in it, stuff from the letter A to Z. Dll files and stuff. I need the original factory folders again. I mix music on Pioneer decks, I bought this flash drive to put music onto it, so I can use the flash drive to play tracks from to my Pioneers. The flash drive was also used to record my mixes on from my Pioneers. The Pioneer decks tells me I have no Flash drive fitted, when I plug in the flash drive. It's not picking it up now all the original files are missing. The Pioneer programme I have on my pc does not pick up my flash drive anymore since the original files on the flash drive have been lost after formatting it. Any help would be great as it's usless to me at the moment. It's my only flash drive I have. Thanks

markmk

[ Edited ]

Oh and when I put the flash drive into my pc it used to looks red on the E drive telling me it was a Sandisk flash drive. Thats now gone, it's not red looking anymore.

aldigan

markmk

Anyone help? I am going to have to buy another one so I can copy all the files from

SanDisk Guru
Ed_P

" I need the original factory folders again."

I seriously doubt the factory files will help you get your original files back or help your pc or Pioneer see the drive at this point.  And if the pc can't see the drive you won't be able to reload the original factory files onto it.

BTW I think your original files were the SanDisk SecureAccess system. 3 folders and a couple of files I believe, all of which could have been deleted without reformating.  The SecureAccess files can be loaded from SanDisk, try this link: http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399/related/1/kw/secureaccess/r_id/101834

But I think you're going to need to buy a new USB drive to resolve your problems.

Good luck.

Ed
markmk

My fault, I should have said my PC is picking the USB drive up fine. I can put files onto it. My Pioneer programme is no longer picking it up and neither is my Pioneer decks. I bought this USB stick for my Pioneer decks only. I must have removed a factory file from the Sandisk that worked with my Pioneer. I will buy another one and pinch all the files from that, and put those on my old Sandisk. I think I will try formatting it again, I only done a quick formatt last time. I will do a full one. Thanks

SanDisk Guru
drlucky

there is nothing on the drive from the factory that would make it work with your pioneer deck. More than likely when yo0u formatted it you changed the file system and the pioneer decks cant read it. Try reformatting in FAT32 if it is not in that already and see if that works. 

markmk

How do you format it from one to the other. Fat32 would be better for my Pioneer setup. Thanks