Rescue data before formatting a memory stick?

Recently, I just have to format my Toshiba 4GB memory stick for the “Not Formatted Error”. But, in the past three months, I had stored all my files, photos and videos on this memory stick. I really want to recover them all back before I format this memory stick. Is it possible for me? Please help me rescue these files, photos and videos!

What I suggest you try, in this sequence (and stop once when one works);

1. Reboot the pc then insert the memory stick.

2. Try the memory stick in a different pc.

3. Run CHKDSK on the memory stick.

4. Decide how important the files on the memory stick are.

a. If really important, take the memory stick to a local tech support shop and have them recover the files.

b. If you decide to format the memory stick, do a Quick format rather than a full or complete format.

Then try one of the free recovery apps that I have recommended in other threads here.  Do NOT

search the web for free recovery apps.  You will find hundreds but few totally free.  They will be

free to download, free to try and $$ to actually recover files.

Good luck.  

PS This thread may help you also. 

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/What-can-I-do-to-save-my-lost-files-off-from-the-SanDisk-USB/m-p/300485#M5808

Hello, don’t worry! Stop using this memory stick and restore your stored files before they are overwritten by anything new.

You can use some data recovery programs that people use for their drives like Recuva, 4Card Recovery, iCare Data Recovery Free and more.

Note : Do not format this memory stick before data recovery process in case of data recovery failure.

Do not try to save everything important on only one card or place in the future. 

This link may help you: 

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/Recover-my-USB-flash-drive-files/td-p/304889

This link may help you: 

Especially the $39.99 part for the 4Card Recovery app when you try to actually recover files with it.  :smileyvery-happy:

Why do the 4Card Recovery guys constantly create new accounts to post about their app?  :stuck_out_tongue:

Ed_P wrote:

Why do the 4Card Recovery guys constantly create new accounts to post about their app?  :stuck_out_tongue:

Data recovery without formatting is very simple using Remo Recover. This application is the best tool I ever used to fix “Not Formatted Error”. You can recover your entire data from memory sticks in few steps using this application.

Are you referring to the $39.95 version, the $49.95 version or the $99.95 version?

There are free apps that do the same job. 

Here’s how you recover data when you get the ‘not formatted error’ - not formatted error recovery