Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Recover my USB flash drive files?

My USB flash drive recently died, perhaps. Every time, I clicked on it in My Computer, it will ask me to format it. But, I still want to access the inner stored files. So, it is not proper for me to format it like that.

So, is there any reliable USB flash drive program that can help me out? Any idea will be appreciated!

SanDisk Guru

Re: Recover my USB flash drive files?

Try it in other pcs, with other operating systems, ie Windows 7, Windows XP, Linux.  See if the files are accessible then.

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

[ Edited ]

Have you formatted this usb flash drive?
If you still want to get back all stored file, you’d better never format this drive, for the formatting process may erase everything on this drive. So, I hope you’ve not formatted it yet.
Here are some ways for you to save back your inner data and this hard drive:
1). Do not format this drive till you’ve saved all your stored data back.
2). Do not add any new file on this drive in case that anything new would rewrite your original data.
3). Do not randomly select a data recovery program. In your case, an efficient data recovery program always means a lot. <br>

But, if you really know a little about data recovery things, you can directly apply some highly-recommended data recovery freeware online, such as Recuva, TestDisk and iCare Data Recovery Free and more:
http://www.geeksdo.com/freeware/data-recovery.html
4). Do not save the restored data on the same drive in case of data recovery failure.
5). Do not forget to format this drive after the data recovery process so that you can check whether this “not formatted error” problem could be resolved.
Best wishes!

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your steps!

I have clicked your link and found a list of data recovery freeware that can help me restore my USB files back. So, I directly tried them. They all work perfectly, especially the third one that ahs finally got back the largest part of my original files.

Thanks again!

sorry to but in but I have just Registered here and whish to create  or list my own topic but I cant see a new topic icon, can someone tell me How.

SanDisk Guru

Sparks79 wrote:

sorry to but in but I have just Registered here and whish to create  or list my own topic but I cant see a new topic icon, can someone tell me How.

Pick the board you want to post in, then click the black New Message button (upper left just above the top of the thread lists and just below where it says, "Check out our new features! Twitter integration and Kudos!"

SanDisk Guru

For anyone looking at Florence11974's recommendation do note that the iCare Data Recovery app charges $69.95 to actually recover files.

Ed
Important files = Backed up files