Problems with Secure Access

I’m new to Secure Access (SA), but here are at least 4 problems I see, all within the first 2 days of use:

1. there is no indication of real progress in uploading or downloading files; it just keeps saying wait for progress (or something like that). In Explorer, files are shown as soon as they’re loaded into the new folder. The first time I used SA, the progress circle kept going, literally for hours, as I tried to upload about 3.5 Gb from another flash drive, and only at the end did I find all the files listed in the vault, all with 0 Kb behind the names! There had been NO uploading of data to the vault, save the file titles. What a waste of time!

2. While files are down/uploaded, you can do nothing with the Secure Access window. You can’t move it, you can’t change its size–nothing.

3. You can’t sort the files by name, date or size (like in Explorer), despite the tabs that hint it might be possible. (This problem’s been mentioned before on this forum.)

4. The “offer” for the 2 Gb online memory doesn’t let you choose “NO, I don’t want it!” And the advertisement is there, on your screen PERMANENTLY, whenever you access Secure Access. Isn’t it illegal for us not to have a choice whether or not to accept the “offer”? This is really annoying.

Whoever designed/engineered this software did NOT make it user-friendly. Despite my having previously purchased many SanDisks (my flash drive brand of choice, until now), on the basis of my experience with SA, I doubt I’d be able to recommend SanDisk to any of my friends.

@bbill123 wrote:

I’m new to Secure Access (SA), but here are at least 4 problems I see, all within the first 2 days of use:

1. there is no indication of real progress in uploading or downloading files; it just keeps saying wait for progress (or something like that). In Explorer, files are shown as soon as they’re loaded into the new folder. The first time I used SA, the progress circle kept going, literally for hours, as I tried to upload about 3.5 Gb from another flash drive, and only at the end did I find all the files listed in the vault, all with 0 Kb behind the names! There had been NO uploading of data to the vault, save the file titles. What a waste of time!
  1. While files are down/uploaded, you can do nothing with the Secure Access window. You can’t move it, you can’t change its size–nothing.
  1. You can’t sort the files by name, date or size (like in Explorer), despite the tabs that hint it might be possible. (This problem’s been mentioned before on this forum.)
  1. The “offer” for the 2 Gb online memory doesn’t let you choose “NO, I don’t want it!” And the advertisement is there, on your screen PERMANENTLY, whenever you access Secure Access. Isn’t it illegal for us not to have a choice whether or not to accept the “offer”? This is really annoying.

Whoever designed/engineered this software did NOT make it user-friendly. Despite my having previously purchased many SanDisks (my flash drive brand of choice, until now), on the basis of my experience with SA, I doubt I’d be able to recommend SanDisk to any of my friends.

#1.  I suggest you start fresh to resolve any read/write issues. 
Backup the files you want that are on the drive, then reformat the drive.

If you want to use SecureAccess, then reinstall it.
http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399
Otherwise you can use the drive without any of their software.

#2.  Unfortunately the software wants to be left alone, while it secures your files.

#3.  If you haven’t password protected your files, you can go into the drive, into your stored file folder and access the files using the headers like you want, by date, file name, etc.

#4.  Be sure you check the box (lower left corner), don’t show again.  Unfortunately some screens it may show the offer.
The software you are using is FREE, and supported by their AD.  Read the EULA again, there is nothing illegal about it.  Yes the AD is annoying,  I agree the software is not user-friendly, because it focuses on their AD.  I also prefer the old U3 software.

Unfortunately we need to find other software, if we don’t like their new annoying AD supported version.

you are not addressing to the point the mentioned prblems neither are you offering any solid recommendations/answers/solutions …i do have the same problems even today and whoever designed that software program better have softare designing as a “hobby” job

meanwhile i do not recommend sandisks or their recommended security software as they simply have a lot of problems…