Re: Poor write speed ob 16GB cruzer

I bought a 16 gb cruzer switch yesterday, and a I find the write speed ridiculous (4MB/s).

Just for comparison: I have a 2gb kstone datatraveller and a 4gb maxell pendrive (also entry level, also cheap) and they just provide 7-8MB write speed. I thought that a big brand like sandisk is just gonna be up to the competition.

I was wrong, waaaay wrong.

Unfortunately, SanDisk USB Flash drives are not the same as they were before. I have a SanDisk Cruzer Micro U3 4GB writing at 10 MBytes/s and a SanDisk Cruzer Micro U3 8GB writing at 7 MBytes/s, with constant speed.

Recently, I've bought SanDisk Ultra 16GB (it was supposed to have high speed performance) and SanDisk Cruzer 64GB. The both flash drives have the same mediocre writing performance as icmike5 described. I am very disappointed with SanDisk flash drives Smiley Sad I hope that at least the data storage remains reliable...

sorry but I have to say that is a sad and almost offensive reply...     you seem to have left out a third and fourth option - 3) something between your answers and finally the option I am now going to use...  another brand other than SanDisk...  thanks for your help  "SanDisk Guru"....

the above from a long time SanDisk now ex-user and a Macintosh consultant.

Hey,

I do have the Cruzer Pop and it has a very bad write speed...not more than 5mb/s.

Instead I have a HP 220v which I bought at 500 INR.
But it gives me awesome write speed of about 15mb/s.
Read/Copy speeds go upto 28-30mb/s.

I expected the same while I bought this product.But I am now very dissappointed.

Hi, Recently I used Kingston DT50, which I found best until now.

RODUCT HIGHLIGHTS

• 32GB Storage Capacity
  • USB 3.0 Technology
  • Max Data Read Speed: 110 MB/s
  • Max Data Write Speed: 15 MB/s

Its write speed is documented and as per the specs.