PLEASE HELP - Can not access vault files

When I try to access my SanDisk Cruzer Glide 64GB i get the following error “can not load Vault from file /Volumes/UNTITLED/SanDiskSecureAccessVault/System Files/vault.idx” when I try to open the file from my desktop.

When I try to open my vault through the file right on the USB i get this error ““SanDiskSecureAccessV2_mac” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to trash”

Tech support is telling me that there is no other way to access my files. I am so pissed off. I bought this USB stick in December and now I can’t access my files.

Is there anything I can do to access my files?  Any encryption program that will open the vault?  

I will never use the vault again, this so frustrating but I don’t want to lose all my files.

Well, SecureAccess will only run from the USB drive.  How/why it was on your harddrive is unknown but the error is understandable.

Why the vault on your USB drive is corrupt I would guess is due to your not removing the drive Safely and it’s file allocation table is corrupt.  Try running chkdsk or something similar to see if it will file the error.

Good luck.

I still get the same error.  Is there an other way to fix a drive that was not safely removed?

I have tried repair disk from disk utility. I have tried moving the vault to my harddrive and formating the USB stick and putting the vault back.

Nothing.

Any other ideas?

:smiley:  ¡Hola!

Por favor, pruebe lo siguiente:

1- Si usted, tiene la bóveda encriptada en el disco duro.
2- Si usted, tiene una UFD cualquiera vacía, que funciona bien.

3- Entonces: cargue SecureAccess, Win ó Mac, según su caso, en esta UFD, y CON LA MISMA CONTRASEÑA que usó en la bóveda anterior que tiene en el disco duro.
4- Luego, use y pruebe el nuevo programa.

5- Si todo va bien en la UFD, entonces en este nuevo SecureAccess, intercambiamos la nueva bóveda, por la antigua, con copiar & pegar.
Suerte.

Saludos, Alfred.  (Google Traduce).

:smiley:  Hello!

Please,  try the following:

1 -If you have the vault encrypted on your hard disk.
2 -If you have a any UFD, empty, that works fine.

3 -Then, load SecureAccess, Win or Mac, as appropriate, in the UFD, and with SAME PASSWORD you used in the previous vault , which has on your hard disk.
4 -Then, use and test the new program.

5 -If all goes well in the UFD, then in this new SecureAccess, exchange the new vault, for the old vault encrypted , with copy & paste.
Luck.

Regards, Alfred.  (Google Translate).

That didn’t work.  What if I were to only transfer the *.dat files over ?

:smiley:  Hello!

Well, all right! Try it…

There is nothing else to do …

Regards, Alfred.

I tried that but nothing shows up. The program opens but no files are showing

Is there any program that I can use to decrypt each individual dat file?

I have the same problem. Been using a 32GB Extreme for a couple of years but needed the drive to backup my laptop so I copy/pasted everything to desktop while while waiting for my new Sandisk Extreme 64GB to arrive, to my horror, everything I have in the fault is now encrypted even though I migrate them over to the newly arrived drive. Only strange characters showing. I log in as usual, open the vault and tried opening the screwed-up file with pdf reader, word, excel, note, etc…nothing reads, just a whole bunch of characters.

I have the same problem. Been using a 32GB Extreme for a couple of years but needed the drive to backup my laptop so I copy/pasted everything to desktop while waiting for my new Sandisk Extreme 64GB to arrive. Received the new drive and to my horror, everything I have in the fault is now encrypted even though I migrate them over to the USB drive. Only strange characters showing. I log in as usual, open the vault and tried opening the screwed-up file with pdf reader, word, excel, note, etc…nothing reads, just a whole bunch of characters.

I saw this solution on this forum and it worked for me.

"go to the SanDisk Secure access vault

> Go to system files

> Find the .idx.bak file and rename it is vault.idx

it worked for me…

make sure you copy that whole folder to secure your content before you play with this…"

Hi, are you still interested in recovering your data or you got rid of your Vault and/or USB Stick?

I can help you save it if you are still interested in recovering your data.

Hi,

I have the same problem. Tried the solution provided but can’t find the.idx.bak file. 

Where excatly is it? 

Thanks in advance …

If that was the case, I would be told that a problem exists due to a drive being opened. close the drive and try again. It does just what I said and my disk files are healthy according to CHDSK command. I sure didn’t secure my disk. Placed new disk in usb port copied all files from my documents. removed disk checked the results…everything was fine…it showed that I had 2 point something gigs on my disk. I found some pictures that I wanted to add to those 2. something gigs the same way I installed the documents initially. That’s when I get the: This disk is write protected. I think I might purchase another one and immediately format it in the Ntfs format. I can find sandisks like mine with free shipping and only $14. That’s something I can live with. I’ll try my suggestion and let the forum know the results when I purchase another one.

Formating a flash drive to a disk format is a bad idea.  New ones come preformatted for efficiency no need to screw it up.  If you don’t want to use Secure Access delete the files and folders.  Using NTFS could be the cause of the disk freeze problem.

1 Like