Not able to open Sandisk Cruzer 8GB Pendirve

Hi,

I am Suresh. I have a Sandisk Cruzer 8GB Pendirve. When I plugin to my system. It is deducted. But I am not able to open it. When I try to open, It shows “The disk in drive in F is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?”. When I click ok, and formated, it shows not able to format. When I checked in Disk Management, the size is 64.0 MB only… Please help me to how to resolve this… My email id is suresh[at]tcemca.com

this is a bad drive it will need to be replaced. you should contact sandisk support. 

Ok. Thank you. Can you tell me what could be the reason for a bad drive?

Reasons can be:

Not safely removing it from a pc. 

A power surge to the host machine.

A virus on the host pc.

Malware on the host pc.

Using the drive in machines other than pcs, ie XBox, car music systems, etc.

Toddler sucking on it for extended period of time.

Time.  The devices aren’t indestructible.

Not an all inclusive list but should cover the majority of situations. :wink: 

@ed_p wrote:

Reasons can be:

Using the drive in machines other than pcs, ie XBox, car music systems, etc.

this will not ruin a USB drive. in fact all of these are designed to work with USB drives. 

“this will not ruin a USB drive.”

More correctly said would be: “This shouldn’t ruin a USB drive.” to which I agree, however…

i had this happen to me went thru loads of so called fixes ie:

loading ubuntu

trying to eject and so on

HERES WHAT I DID

START MENU  -   CONTROL PANEL  –  ADMINISTARTIVE TOOLS  –  COMPUTER MANAGEMENT –  DISC MANAGEMENT

right click on the usb dribe in the RIGHT HAND column sub heading comes up delete it from list take it out plug it in go into my computer its there ask to format but in the panal that opens the last heading is empty just type the letter the usb pen is showing

i e E: OR WHATEVER IT COMES UP AS THIS TIME THE FORMATIN WILL WORK    

Hi there,

I had succeed with this:

1. Retrieve your data off it with pen drive data recovery software,recommended one is Tenorshare Data Recovery (simply because i used it and it worked).

2.Format it with pen drive formatting tool like Any Drive Formatter.

Hope this helps!

Ryan

When I send an e-mail and attach an entry from my flashdisc  my family and friends are unable to open the attachment.  Please, what is the secret to opening the attachment.

what is the secret to opening the attachment.”

Having the attachment file have an extention that your family and friends pcs recognize.  .jpg, .png, mov, etc.  What extention do your flash drive files have?

my 8gb p

sandisk pendrive not working slove the problem

SanDisk Tech Support

I am gaurav yadav. I have a Sandisk Cruzer 8GB Pendirve. When I plugin to my system. It is deducted. But I am not able to open it. When I try to open, It shows “The disk in drive in F is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?”. When I click ok, and formated, it shows not able to format. When I checked in Disk Management, the size is 64.0 MB only… Please help me to how to resolve this… My email id is saangaurav@gmail.com.

please give the solution as soon as possible

Click on the link in the post above yours to find the customer service center closest to where you are. They are the best prepared to help you.