New Flash Drive

It depends.  What are their names?

1 Like

You can also format the drive: http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/312

1 Like

I also just purchased a new drive and it came with a club sandisk application installed on it. What is this and is it safe to remove?

1 Like

it is an app that will show you special offers for other applications. you can just delete it if you do not want it. 

1 Like

On my new Cruzer USB 2.0 Flash Drive (16 GB), there are already files:

autorun.inf

RunClubSanDisk.exe

RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win.exe

SanDisSecureAccess

Can I just delete these? Or can I hide them somehow?

Of course.  They are only needed if you want your files secure.

Hazel, you can open My Computer, look for your Flash drive, usually its F/G/H, doublick, then you can delete the files from there.    

I bought my son a new flash drive.  He came home from school and said he got in trouble for trying to install software on a school computer.  I took the flash drive and deleted the files off of it.  Does it actually install anything on a PC when it is plugged in or just run from the flash drive?

"Does it actually install anything on a PC when it is plugged in "

Windows installs new drivers if the drive is a new device in the machine.

As for any other software it’s hard to say since you didn’t provide any names.

alla fine sono riuscito a trovarli da solo…

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5222/related/1

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/downloads/club-sandisk-1.0.0.1.zip

i got a sandisk cruzer edge is it okay if i delete the files on it ?

Sure.  So long as you never want to try the software at some point later on.  Should that desire ever occur it would be good if you had copied the software someplace that you could copy it back from.

1 Like

I recently purchased a Cruzer USB 2.0 16 GB Flash Drive. There are files already on it.   and i has delete all the file in it . can i still use it?

@elchrist wrote:

I recently purchased a Cruzer USB 2.0 16 GB Flash Drive. There are files already on it.   and i has delete all the file in it . can i still use it?

Did you even read the 2 posts just above yours? :confounded:

I did read it. Just want to ask if it’s ok to delete all the file has in it.

And what did Ed_P say?

Yes Elchrist , sure.  So long as you never want to try the software at some point later on.  Should that desire ever occur it would be good if you had copied the software someplace that you could copy it back from.

Hello

I have 16 GB Sandisk Cruiser blade. I use this for running music in my car. It seems roots files are also deleted, due to which whenevr I play any song in it e.g. Song#16 , and  restart the music system it doent have memory of old song and starts fresh with Song#1. I tried with different usb and with that music system is working fine.

Check the manual for your car music system.  See what type of USB drives it supports and what file format it supports.

Hi. You can also check first what file format you USB flash drive is currently. If it’s NTFS, try to format it as FAT32. And the other way around if it’s currently FAT32.