Need help with Vault

Hello everyone. I bought a san disk flash drive about 2 years ago or so. I used the secureaccess program (Vault). Then I put some files on it. I didn’t open for a long time after though. I just remember that the files I had were important to me. So I put the flash drive in my laptop. However, I can’t see the vault application. I still the files with the exact names but I can’t access them. So is there anyway I can do so? They’re really important to me. Thanks.

I can’t see the vault application.

You don’t see RunSandiskSecureAccess_Win.exe on the drive?  Or My Vaults?  Either someone formated the drive and deleted them or you have the wrong flash drive.

Okay here’s the full thing: 
I recently remember that I had important files on my sandisk. I’d locked them on the vault. (around 2 years ago). So when I plugged in flash drive and opened it, there wasn’t the sandisk secure access program (The vault). So I downloaded it. It loaded with my old password and hint and it did work. The files were the same as I left them in the vault. However, every time I try to open/extract/edit them they won’t open. However, they’re there. They take space off my flash drive. And they do show their type (JPG, GID, Notepad etc.) which means that they’re not corrupted. I can’t open them. 
Is there something I can fix that? They got really essential information. 

Thanks

there wasn’t the sandisk secure access program (The vault).

The access program and the vault are two separate entities not one and the same.

So I downloaded it. It loaded with my old password and hint and it did work. The files were the same as I left them in the vault.

Excellent.  :smiley:

However, every time I try to open/extract/edit them they won’t open.

What are you using to try and open them?  You can’t use Word or Excel etc directly.  You have to copy them to a location outside the vault via SecureAccess for the apps to access them.

I’m using the secure access program to open them (I’m doing everything I did in the past). I just double click the files (After I go into the vault) and double click them. They worked 2 years ago, but now they don’t. I also tried copying them but they wouldn’t be either copied or extracted or restored. 

Hi there,

I seem to have same problem, as I open the vault and I see all the files there, but when I try to view a file it says “File not found”. Also when I try to move it to my pc, it doesn’t do anything, not copying it or it just hangs for a long period of tie, not responding. It was fine 24 hours ago, but I now have a windows 8, and this occured just today when I plugged it in the win 8.1. It’s supposed to work with all windows?

I got windows 8 as well but I tried it on windows XP and didn’t work there. I see the files in my vault, they take up space, yet I can’t open them.

:smileyvery-happy:

Found a way…

1. First look at your flash drive if you are at the very limit of its size.

2. If you can log into the vault and see the files, delete one of them… I deleted one of under 1MB to free up space. Make sure you have that file you want to delete it somewhere safe, or if not, if you are willing to let it go, just free up some 500KB or 1 MB robably it would work.

3. Now I can open a file from the vault, I can copy it to my hard drive, everything is back to normal. Tested it on win xp and win 8.1.

So it was down to space in my case.

Eurilka!

Good luck!

well I finally got it to work!!! However not with the way you said. I don’t even know yet how it came but all I know is that  there a was a file with alot of 0’s in it. I had two of those files. One was empty and was a sub folder in the Vault folder, other one was on the flash drive itself (Like when you open the flash drive you see it). So I copied it and put it there then it worked! Anyway thanks alot!!

Thanks for the updates guys.  And happy to hear of the happy endings. :smiley:

I have this problem and having tried the suggestions here I still can’t open the files. Very frustrating. I can see the files in the vault, the date they were created, file size and type. When I double click it will not open to view, I can’t delete the file and dragging to the desktop results in a file with zero size.