Locking pictures and videos

I just bought a Cruzer USB Flash Drive 32 GB and erased the access software on this flash drive by mistake. But that’s OK. I loaded a lot of pictures and videos onto this drive. I want to be able to let my kids use it to transfer the pictures and videos on to their computers. Is there a way to just lock the pictures and videos that are on this drive so they can’t mistakenly erase them? Thanks

Sorry, much like you can a SDHC card, but with software. I don’t see an actual pin to move.  You can keep from writing and/or deleting content. Thanks

erased the access software on this flash drive by mistake.”

So you formatted the new drive before using it eh?  LOL

Regardless, with or without the software there is no way to do what want.  Even with the SecureAccess app your kids can still format the drive or delete individual files and folders because you will have to give them the password to access the folders/files.

>> I loaded a lot of pictures and videos onto this drive. I want to be able to let my kids use it to transfer the

>> pictures and videos on to their computers. Is there a way to just lock the pictures and videos that are

>> on this drive so they can’t mistakenly erase them? Thanks

Just do some more copies back and forth on the drive for a while.  If you are lucky, the flash drive will write

protect itself (suddenly and permanently) while you are in the middle of one of the copies.  It seems to be

a fairly common ‘feature’ of this family of flash drives.

Problem solved!

:slight_smile:

After the initial loading of pictures I went into the flash drive and seen these files and deleted them. Then I let Windows reformat the flash drive and loaded the pictures and videos again. That’s how I deleted the access files. Thanks

I do not understand your intent.  If you “deleted them” why did you “let Windows reformat the flash drive”?  (And “let”!!  Really!!  Windows all by itself decided to do that and when it asked permission you said yes.  Really?)  And then you rewrote them to the drive.  Totally confused what you’re trying to accomplish.

Confused, yes. That’s why I found and asked for help on this website. What I did is done. My question was, is there away to lock these pictures so they can’t be accidentally cut or deleted after I have loaded them on this flash drive. I don’t want to be able to keep anybody from viewing them. Thanks

there is not really a way to do what you are looking to do. 

You can set the file’s attribute to be Read Only.  RIGHT click on the file(s), click on Properties, at the bottom click on the Read-only Attribute and click on the Ok button.  This should prevent accidental deletions. 

:laughing::heart:

Buenas noches, no encontraba mi pasword de mi usb,  y me aparecio la leyenda que alos 3 intentos se bloquearian permanentemente mis archivos,  y se bloqueo, ya encontre mi pasword. Existe alguna forma de recuperarr mis archivos?

How do i load pictures from my computer to a cruser flssh drive then view the

How do you get display from 123.jpg to
Small medium or large icon so you don’t have to open each picture to find one before they are indivually named?

??  Click the Alt button then click the View menu in Windows Explorer.