Invalid parent path in archive

I have a SanDisk USB Flash Drive.   I have loaded it with photographs and use it as a back up, in case the hard drive to my computer breaks.  Usually I have no problems accessing the file.  However, after I enter the password (correctly), there is now a message:  “SanDisk SecureAccess V3.0  Invalid parent path in archive”.   I can then go no further.   What does this mean ?   Where is my data.   Please note that I will be unable to understand a highly technical IT reply.   I just want a simple solution to this problem.

Try running a CHKDSK command for it.  And keep your fingers crossed.

I ask get an Invalid parent path in archive.  I ran chkdsk and everything looks ok.  Looks like my data is still there, I just can’t access it.  Any ideas?

I am having the exact same problem–does anyone have a fix.  Can’t get in to use my data?

I had the same problem. Contacted on line SanDisk support. They suggested.

1. Copy the SanDiskSecureAccess Vault file on the flash drive and paste it to your desktop as a backup in case it is needed.  

2. Delete SanDiskSecureAccessV3_win file and SanDiskSecureAccess Settings folder from the flash drive. Do not delete SanDiskSecureAccess Vault file;

3. Now please download a new file for SecureAccessV3 from - http://downloads.sandisk.com/downloads/SanDiskSecureAccessV3_win.exe

4. Once downloaded copy it and paste it onto the drive; 

5. When the file is transferred to flash drive do a double click on it and setup your vault again using your old password.

6. Following these steps should successful repair the file and you will now be able to access the files in the vault. Should you still face any issue you may contact us back

I did every thing they said.  Did not Work…   Contacted SanDisk again, and the told me everything was done which can be done and …they told me my data is lost, gone.

This is the 3rd or 4th time I have had issues with Sandisk software using USB Drives, and lost data every time.

The program is not stable…  I suggest backing up your data everytime you use your Sandisk USB drive.  Then you may be able to recover the data. But,  I have had problems recovering data from my backups, I have wasted hours of my time trying to retrieve data from corrupted files … Anyways…

2022 UPDATE!! So after years of trying to get my usb drive repaired using this same method, I finally had a break through. I found an old computer that was running an old OS, and decided to give these steps a try one last time…

Guess what, it worked! My advice: Find an old computer running the Operating System that you may have initially installed the flash drive (or close to it), and give it a shot again.

I had literally tried the exact steps for at least 2 years with no success on up to date computers, and all of a sudden it worked for me. I was able to recover EVERYTHING I thought I had lost for good.

Just thought I would share if their were people still out there having this same issue. Good luck!