Incorrect capacity

I am trying to format a Cruzer Glide 128GB USB drive, but the capacity is showing only as 64GB.  Must I return it?

If it’s new why are you trying t format it?

What format is it now and what format are you trying to make it?

There are some reasons why you get a less capacity than actual:

• Virus attack: using antivirus software to remove viruses.
  • Not a genuine Cruzer USB drive.
  • Format with an improper format tool: you can format the 128GB hard drive to NTFS or convert USB to NTFS without losing data, then resize it to its actual capacity.

Just troubleshoot the problem, then try to fix it.

There are some reasons why you get a less capacity than actual:

• Virus attack: using antivirus software to remove viruses.
  • Not a genuine Cruzer USB drive.
  • Format with an improper format tool: you can format the 128GB hard drive to NTFS or convert USB to NTFS without losing data with Partition Assistant, then resize it to its actual capacity.

Just troubleshoot the problem, then try to fix it.

“Partition Assistant”

Price:    US  $49.95

Seems a little much.

If this flash device was not purchased directly from a store or from a reputable online business (Tiger Direct, NewEgg, etc.), there is a chance that it is “counterfeit”. I know people who have bragged about great deals they got on eBay on a flash drive, only to find out that the 16GB device they bought only has a capacity of 4GB. The devices are set up so that once the 4GB capacity is reached, it starts deleting existing data to make room for new data, all without the owner knowing about it, until they hook it up to look at their data and see files missing.