Format Cruzer to NTFS

Greetings again.

When I bought my new Cruzer (Best Buy: $39 that week!) it came with a fair amounf of software installed already.  I have reason to believe the drive will serve me better it I reformat it to NTFS.  But then I lose all that pre-installed stuff:

• SanDiskSecureAccess/
  • club_application/
  • RunClubSanDisk.exe*
  • RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win.exe*
  • autorun.inf

How can I recover or retain these directories and files if I proceed with the reformat.  For that matter, even after saving them somehow (like stashing them on my hard drive first and copying them back after the reformat) I don’t know if the software will even work on NTFS; it may have been written with Fat-32 in mind.

Perhaps I can download versions of these utilities that aer written for NTFS?  (As to why they come as FAT-32 in the first place? Sounds like the “We’ve always done it that way” syndrome.)

Sage advice requested…

Thanks mucho.

– Rasputin Paskudniak

Personally I think reformating to NTFS is a waste of time and will cause excessive overhead on the drive.  Unless you have files larger than 4GB don’t reformat it.

If the files on it are important to you or you might want to try them in the future, copy them to your hdd before formating the drive.  If in the future you want to try them, copy them back to the drive.

If we format this to NTFS, is there still a chance to reload it to FAT32 with all the pre installed stuff? 

"reload it to FAT32 "

Reload or reformat?

While I have never tried the pre-installed apps on a NTFS file system I can’t think of any reason why they wouldn’t work on it if copied back.

As for can the drive be reformated back to FAT32 I can’t think of any reason why it couldn’t be.

As for reloading the drive…  If an image backup were done before the conversion to NTFS then restoring the image will indeed “reload it to FAT32 with all the pre installed stuff”.