Forgot Password

I bought a SanDisk Cruzer Glide 2 months back, Now after a week after i can't remeber my password neither from the hint,
Please help me (I don't want the previous data , i want my pendrive ready to use)

SanDisk Guru

Re: Forgot Password

Highlighted

Manish,

I got the same problem, ie lost my password.

How did you solve your problem, pl advise.

EM

SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

EMNair, the answer is on the link above.

"Open Windows Explorer, open the flash drive's drive letter, delete all the files that you see."

I have a sandisk cruzer glide 128G flashdrive. i cant remember my security password can you help me please.

SanDisk Guru

If you just delete the vault file and you should be able to start fresh.  When you assign the new password, write it down and store it in you wallet. 

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

Followed your instruction deleted the Vault file and still I am asked to login the usual way!!

SanDisk Guru

Well, we'll have to take a more stringent approach.

Delete all the files and folders on the flash drive.  Then download the SecureAccess app from SanDisk http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399/related/1/kw/secureaccess/r_id/101834 , copy it to the flash drive and execute it.  This way you are starting fresh.

A thing that can impact setting up passwords, the Caps Lock gets pressed and the password entered isn't the password you think it is.  After setting up the password, sign off, safely remove the flash drive then reinsert it and see if the password you set works.  If it does, write it down.  Smiley Wink

Ed

i have the same problem...forgot my password... i would like to ask if the data in ''my vaults'' will be lost if i will errase RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win.exe

SanDisk Guru

Probably not.  Though it won't be accessible due to it's encryption.  Installing a new version will still require you to remember your password to access the encrypted files.

Ed