Flash drive Failure - need some help

I recently purchased a scandisk 16g Ultra backup flash drive from best buy.  I loaded about 12g worth of docs on it and have been using it for about 2 weeks now.  This morning, i put it in my usb port and when I try to access it it reports the following:The disk in drive H is not formatted. Do you want to format it now.   Can someone help me recover the data I stored on this flash drive or am I broke ?

Thanks

Do a quick format on the FD and then use a data recovery software .

hmm,  have you done this before ?  Just dont want to format and lose eveything.

Assuming that you have tried multiple PCs and you are still getting the same error, then unfortunately the drive is already corrupted. Data recovery is not always a 100% guarantee that all files will be recover :cry:

Well, just updating you:

Got online with tech support/San Disk,   they recommended I format and use this data recovery software.  None of that worked,  data was gone.  Went to best buy with reciept and exchanged.   Going to see if this one will work.

Pisses me off that I lost all that data,  i know, i know, I know,  i should have had ANOTHER backup of this backup  blah blah blah.

May be this post can help you its about usb failure impact http://promotionaldrives.com/blog/flair-reasons-of-flash-storage-know-the-failure-impact/