Extreme USB 3.0 flash drive 32gb

I have been happily dragging and dropping folders and files into my vault and have also been accessing my stored data when required. Yesterday I dragged and dropped a large ammount; around 15gb and knew that it would fill the drive! Busy doing something else at the time I did however note the progress bars working as the material transferred with a forcast transfer time of 1 hour +.

When I returned to the screen the vault was empty? and I have been unable to retrieve my folders and files, its as if the transfer hit full capacity and the unit auto-archived. I have tried the ‘restore’ button but it is asking for a back-up point, I can’t supply this as no back-up has been made.

I know the data is in the drive because the properties pie-chart shows just 39.9mb of space remaining and the infomation tells me that there is 29.1gb of material on the drive (1 folder and 571 files).

Can anybody help me to access my files…please!

I find that I can access the encrypted files in the vault file folder but how do I decrypt them?

I find that I can access the encrypted files in the vault file folder but how do I decrypt them?

Using SecureAccess you can’t drag the files to a location outside the Vault?

Thanks Ed…I have no clue as to how to go about decrypting the files either inside or outside the vault. _ I didn’t encrypt them in the first place!.. _There seems to be an almost total lack of user information available on the subject. Right now I have a full and encrypted drive; hey! I have my password sure, but that only gets me into the vault; what am I supposed to do, chuck the thing into the bin and buy another one?

_ I didn’t encrypt them in the first place!.. _

Actually you did, as soon as you placed them in the Vault.  When you open the vault, with SecureAccess, it allows you to extract (drag & drop) files from within it to non-encrypted locations, outside the Vault, so you can work with them.  Edit them, change them, etc.  Then when done put them back in the Vault, using SecureAccess again.

However, your situation sounds similar to another one posted recently.  See if this thread helps you.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/Need-help-with-Vault/td-p/322024