Dual USB 3.0 not Recognized

I just purchased a SanDisk Dual USB 3.0 but it is not recognized on both my android phone and windows 10 tablet via the micro usb connector. When plugged in, my tablet shows nothing while my phone shows “usb connector conected” and “usb connector unplugged” when unplugged. The drive does not appear in settings and is not found by file explorer apps like ES File Explorer.

It is able to connect to my windows 10 PC and function properly using the normal usb end. Unfortunately, my windows tablet only has micro usb port so it is not possible to test the other end with the tablet.

When checking the compatibility website, both my PC and tablet is recognized as PC while my phone is recognized as compatible. I also have another OTG flash drive that can be read by all of them so they should all be compatible.

I am wondering if I am so unlucky to have purchased a device that is faulty on only 1 side.

@svrhood wrote:

I am wondering if I am so unlucky to have purchased a device that is faulty on only 1 side.

If it is not working on multiple devices that should be compatible the drive is likely defective. COntact sandisk support for warranty replacement or take it back to the place of purchase for an exchange. 

Thanks for the reply. I’ll try that. Do you also happen to know if any SanDisk flash drives are made in Taiwan? I also bought one Cruzer Blade recently and it seems suspicious due to weird device name when plugged in and irregular writing speeds. SanDisk Support says it is authentic but confirmed that it is faulty (random read/write speed is almost 0).