Do I run installer every time?

Greetings,

I just purchased the SanDisk Ultra Flair 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive. The Quick Start Guide said to run SanDiskSecureAccessV3_win.exe. This file wasn’t on the USB stick, so I downloaded and ran it.

1. There is a file on the stick called RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win.exe. Is this just an older version of the file I installed?
  2. Did the application install anything onto my hard drive?
  3. Do I need to run SanDiskSecureAccessV3_win.exe every time I want to access an encrypted file?

My computer is a Windows 10 Home 64-bit laptop.

Thanks,

Shane.

1. No

2. No.  Once you download SanDiskSecureAccessV3_win.exe you copy it to the flash drive then run it from there.  If it runs you’re done.

1 Like

Thanks.

Is the file RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win.exe on the USB drive just an older version of SanDiskSecureAccessV3_win.exe?

Shane.

I’m pretty sure it’s what you execute when you want to use SecureAccess.  Easy way to find out, rename it and see what happens.

@goodman wrote:

Thanks.

Is the file RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win.exe on the USB drive just an older version of SanDiskSecureAccessV3_win.exe?

Shane.

yes runsecureaccess_win.exe is an older version of the encryption software. I would delete it and make sure you get the latest version from the sandisk site. 

@goodman wrote:

1. Did the application install anything onto my hard drive?
  2. Do I need to run SanDiskSecureAccessV3_win.exe every time I want to access an encrypted file?

1. No Nothing is installed to the computer

2. yes, if you ahve encrypted a file you would need to run secure access to access the file

This app is optional. if you do not need password protection you can simply delete all the secureaccess files and use the drive as a normal usb drive. 

1 Like

NO, it’s nothing to do about encyrpted file. just check you security it blocking your  device