Cruzer Glide 16gb Unaccessible on Laptop

Hello all,

I recently purchased a brand new Cruzer Glide 16gb, and it is working fine…except on my laptop.  I can write to and access the files fine from any number of other computers, except my laptop.  It isn’t the USB ports either, as they are working fine with other flash drives and devices, it is only this particular one that seems to be the problem.

I am on a HP Pavilion dv7, running Windows 7 64-bit.

The funny thing is, the computer is detecting the flash drive just fine, it is even displaying it as a disk drive.  However, when I try to reassign the drive letter, the computer tells me it cannot be detected because the manager needs refresh (which I do, and it doesn’t work).  I can even see how much of the partition on the drive is free and used, I just can’t access it to write to it.

The LED on the flashdrive itself is red.

Any suggestions?

Return it.  Either to where you bought it or to SanDisk.

That seems hasty seeing as it works on every other computer I’ve ever used it on except my one laptop.  More than likely it’s a problem with the driver or something on that specific machine.  Although I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling it multiple times.

True enough.

See if this posting helps:  http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/Windows-7-Explorer-not-showing-drive-while-it-shows-in-computer/m-p/289728#M4017