Cruzer Fit formatting

I bought a Cruzer Fit 64GB to use in my car radio.  Loaded about 4GB on there to try it.  Great! Works with both our car radios.

Decided to load the rest of my music collection.

Rather than delete the files, I just reformatted using the quick format (I am on Win 7 Ultimate).

Loaded about 20GB - disaster  -  neither car radio recognises the Cruzer.

Tried reformatting,  adding only a few tracks.  No luck.

The PC recognises the Cruzer OK, but the car radios (one is Pure, the other is VW built in) will work with it.

The light flashes when you plug the stick in to either radio, but on the Pure radio it gets stuck in a ‘File read’ loop - for eternity, on the VW it does not show at all.

Any ideas?

:smiley:   Hola Stevestrolls,

Estimado miembro de la Comunidad SanDisk, bienvenido.

Si amigo, el problema no es serio, pues la UFD, anda bien en la PC.

1- Lo que sucede,es que los “players de mesa (dvd)”, y los “equipos musicales”, en general aceptan, sólo el formato FAT32 (tú tienes que confirmarlo con el manual).
Luego que lo confirmaste, prueba otra pendrive, igual o menor a 32 GB, que ya hayas usado. Si va bien, te fijas, en la PC que formato tiene. 

Y si es Fat32, era eso, y el equipo musical anda bien. Es decir, era un problema de compatibilidad. Problema solucionado…

2- Ah…  (já, já, já), tú quieres usar, por supuesto, la UFD de 64 GB, en el equipo musical, también.

Entonces, te fijas (en Propiedades de la pendrive) en la PC, que formato tiene.
Verás, seguramente, pues es mayor a 32 GB, que el formato que tiene la pendrive es: exFAT.
Éste, es un formato, relativamente nuevo, por eso el equipo musical, no lo reconoce.
Bueno, entonces, la solución es muy sencilla… (lo es?). Se formatea la pendrive a FAT32, y listo…
Pero,  en Windows, no se puede, formatear más de 32 GB, con Fat32.

3- Luego, se necesita, una herramienta de terceros.

Si te animas (y por tu cuenta y riesgo), puedes usar (portable y free): USB Fat32Formatter 1.10, y para no perder más tiempo, lo puedes descargar directamente (free) de:  http://filecloud.io/azc3uydj

Suerte, y luego nos cuentas que pasó, por favor.

Saludos, Alfred.

-------------------------

:smiley:   Hi Stevestrolls,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

If,friend, the problem is not serious_,_ because the UFD, goes well on the PC.

1- What happens is that the “table players (dvd)”, and “musical equipment” generally accepted, only the FAT32 format (you have to confirm with the manual).
After you have signed, try another USB flash drive, equal to or less than 32 GB, you’ve already used.

If it goes well, you look at the PC format has.

And if it is Fat32, was that, and the musical team goes well. Is a compatibility issue. Problem solved…

2- Ah… (há, há, há), you want to use, of course, the UFD 64GB in musical equipment, too.

Then you look (in Properties pendrive) on PC, that format has.

You see, surely, for you is greater than 32 GB, the format having the pendrive is exFAT.
This is a format relatively new, so the musical equipment is not recognized.
Well then, the solution is simple (what is?). The flash drive is formatted to FAT32, and ready.
But, in Windows, you can not, format larger than 32GB with FAT32.

3 - Then you need a third party tool.

If you dare (and so at your own risk), you can use (portable and free): USB Fat32Formatter 1.10, and to not lose any more time, can download (free) of:   http://filecloud.io/azc3uydj

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                               (Google translated)

I believe if the format is done via the Command Prompt that it will support the whole drive as FAT32.  Can’t confirm that since I don’t have a flash drive that big.

:smiley:  Hola Ed,

Estoy de acuerdo, pues cuando uno instala Windows, te da la posibilidad de elegir entre Fat32 (hasta 2TB) o NTFS (más “nuevo”…), para formatear el Disco (de 300, 500 GB, etc.).
Pero… yo no tengo tampoco, una UFD de 64 GB, já! já! já!..
Creo que, quizás, lo que pasa, es que hasta 4 o 5 años, una pendrive de 1 o 2 GB era ¡OOOHHH!!! já! já! já!.
Como decir ahora, una de 256 GB !!! o de 1 TB !!! (¿No andábamos, todos, con un bolso llenos de disketes?..)
Y entonces, se “olvidaron” de actualizar el límite de 32 GB, pues hace unos 10 años, los HD hogareños, no pasaban de 10Gb !!!
Bueno… lo que pasa, es que pensé, que tratar ésto, en una primera respuesta (leen los usuarios las respuestas? já! já! já!..), podría complicarlo…
Gracias, por la atenta actualización.

Saludos, Alfred.

--------------------------

:smiley:   Hi Ed ,

I agree, because when you install Windows, I given the choice between FAT32 (up to 2TB) or NTFS (most “new”…) to format the disk (300, 500 GB, etc.).
But… I do not have either a 64GB UFD, há! há! há!..
I think perhaps, what happens, is that until 4 or 5 years a pendrive 1 or 2 GB was OOOHHH!!! há! há! há!..
Like saying now, a 256 GB !!! or 1TB !!! (No we walked, all, with a handbag full of floppies?..)
And entoces, they “forgot” they update the limit of 32 GB, for about 10 years, the HD (home), did not exceed 10GB !!!
Well… what happens is that I thought that to try this, in a first response (read users the answers?.. há! há! há!.. ), could complicate…

Thanks for the attentive update.

Regards, Alfred.                                                                   (Google translated)

:smiley:   Hola Ed,

Estoy de acuerdo, pues cuando uno instala Windows, te da la posibilidad de elegir entre Fat32 (hasta 2TB) o NTFS (más “nuevo”…), para formatear el Disco (de 300, 500 GB, etc.).
Pero… yo no tengo tampoco, una UFD de 64 GB, já! já! já!..
Creo que, quizás, lo que pasa, es que hasta 4 o 5 años, una pendrive de 1 o 2 GB era ¡OOOHHH!!! já! já! já!.
Como decir ahora, una de 256 GB !!! o de 1 TB !!! (¿No andábamos, todos, con un bolso llenos de disketes?..)
Y entonces, se “olvidaron” de actualizar el límite de 32 GB, pues hace unos 10 años, los HD hogareños, no pasaban de 10Gb !!!
Bueno… lo que pasa, es que pensé, que tratar ésto, en una primera respuesta (leen los usuarios las respuestas? já! já! já!..), podría complicarlo…
Gracias, por la atenta actualización.

Saludos, Alfred.

--------------------------

:smiley:   Hi Ed ,

I agree, because when you install Windows, I given the choice between FAT32 (up to 2TB) or NTFS (most “new”…) to format the disk (300, 500 GB, etc.).
But… I do not have either a 64GB UFD, há! há! há!..
I think perhaps, what happens, is that until 4 or 5 years a pendrive 1 or 2 GB was OOOHHH!!! há! há! há!..
Like saying now, a 256 GB !!! or 1TB !!! (No we walked, all, with a handbag full of floppies?..)
And then, they “forgot” they update the limit of 32 GB, for about 10 years, the HD (home), did not exceed 10GB !!!
Well… what happens is that I thought that to try this, in a first response (read users the answers?.. há! há! há!.. ), could complicate…

Thanks for the attentive update.

Regards, Alfred.                                                                   (Google translated)