Cruzer Fit 32GB not working on Windows 7

@scoot78 wrote:

Hi all,

Just registered to share some importand info! My Cruzer fit 32GB didn’t show on my windows 7 x64 system anymore when I formatted. Have been poking around my running services and discovered the problem: HTCMonitorSevice, it gets installed with HTCSync to detect your HTC phone and runs in the background. The drive showed up after stopping the service. Hope this helps!

Thanks Scoot78, that was the exact problem I had., now it’s fixed woot :slight_smile:

I’ve been using my HTC phone for wireless access for a while now, it usually worked fine with my cruzer fits. Although today I plugged one in, the wrong one (working still), I safely removed it and put in another on into the same usb slot and it failed. It would take ages to be recognised as a usb drive but would then show as 0 bytes and not accessible by windows or formatable.

After that all my Cruzer fits failed on my Win7 machine. Other usb drives working fine but the cruzer fits didn’t work in any usb ports and I had a few on different controllers. All the sticks worked on other machines and I’ve yet to have a Sandisk USB stick fail on me, so I always recommend them. I knew it must of been a software issue.

I tried everything suggested, replugged, power drained pc, reinstalled drivers, deleted registry keys (a big pain had to use pstools to be able to remove some) but nothing worked.

Thanks again for your suggestion. If anyone else is out of ideas look for a services that might all of a sudden be conflicting. I wish I knew how to get them to play nicely but I wasn’t using the synch option anyway.