Cruzer Fit 32GB not working on Windows 7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I just unboxed the Cruzer Fit 32GB and plugged it in. I open up my computer to see an M: drive appear after a min or so and the green loading bar that goes on forever (doesn’t ever show space on disk). If I click anywhere, it goes not responding. I can’t open disk management, it just acts like it’s trying to load without displaying anything. I do see the device in Device Manager, but when I click on anything it goes not responding. I do see lights blinking on the USB stick. I’ve let it sit for 15+ min and nothing.

I’ve rebooted and same issue - can’t seem to get it to work. I tried other machines and it works fine.

Other USB sticks work fine in this machine too.

I do have the same problem with my Cruzer Fit 16GB on Windows 7 with my new Notebook Toshiba Portege Z935-P300, however it woks properly in my other notebook with the same Window 7 Professional.

I am looking for a solution also.

This thread help??

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/Windows-7-Explorer-not-showing-drive-while-it-shows-in-computer/m-p/286716#M3656

Unfortunately, no - I don’t have that Kies software loaded.

If it helps anyone - I formatted it to NTFS on another machine and it works fine now. I formatted back to FAT and still won’t, so no idea there. So as long as this is staying PC side (or at least NOT MAC), NTFS file format it is!

!!!  That makes no sense at all. :dizzy_face:

Thanks for the update.

I am student’s true story. Then I know in programs my laptop, desktop, and internet cafe I saw there SanDisk: Cruzer Fit 16GB original that not classic in DATABLITZ, Shangri-La Plaza EDSA in Afternoon. So I will plan my save money for Cruzer Fit 16GB tomorrow. Early Noon, I bought it with warranty 7 days from date of purchase. Then I do work about sentences, projects, thesis, games, movies, and personal. But I use it for 3 months become not working it! I feel still very stress and worry my lost data important. I try to formatting it but can’t be formatting it! As I was going to DATABLITZ service. I said sir! Why reason this it not quality so exchange it! Service sorry said “Only items w/factory defect will be replaced, subject for testing first thin 7 days from date of purchase”. I said Okay thank service. I was going to home then I feel think that brand SanDisk quality but bad quality it fast not work for 3 months! :cry:

Go to visit:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.457744727594599.89786.100000772267959&type=1

If I will comment SanDisk official site! Sir! SanDisk reply to me today that no tomorrow and future!!! :angry:

Hi all,

Just registered to share some importand info! My Cruzer fit 32GB didn’t show on my windows 7 x64 system anymore when I formatted. Have been poking around my running services and discovered the problem: HTCMonitorSevice, it gets installed with HTCSync to detect your HTC phone and runs in the background. The drive showed up after stopping the service. Hope this helps!

Dag I don’t have that process either (HTC) Wonder if it’s something from my iPhone.

Samsung Kies and Sony Play Memories are also suspect.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/Windows-7-Explorer-not-showing-drive-while-it-shows-in-computer/m-p/290504#M4159

hi all

had the same exact problem - disabled kies for my Samsung phone - and everything works fine now !

Hooray !

E

I have an iPhone, but none of this kies or HTC stuff.  Anyone find a solution for this?  I bought the USB drive on amazon, figured it was defective because it wasn’t really working well on any of my computers (it will load up fine, and I can open up the folder, but as soon as I try to copy files to it, it disappears and the file transfer freezes up.  What the hell is wrong with this thing?  I returned it and Amazon sent me a new one… same exact problem.

Since this is a SanDisk forum, can any of you SanDicks actually help us out and find a solution to the problem that makes your drives completely useless??

Ill just complain give it all 0 reviews on any site I can find and buy another brand.

I have a few sandisk drives that are much smaller from years back, and they all work fine on all my computers.  Could this be related to it being a large drive? (32GB)  I am running windows 7 by the way

@pezzltj wrote:

_ Since this is a SanDisk forum, can any of you SanDicks actually help us out _ and find a solution to the problem that makes your drives completely useless??

Throwing compliments like that around, probably not.

" I returned it and Amazon sent me a new one… same exact problem."

Sounds like a problem with your pc or you not knowing how to use it.  Have you checked the system’s Event Logs?  Antivirus logs?  Firewall logs?  UAC controls?

OMG This saved my sanity. Thank you so much. As soon as I stopped the HTC Service BOOM my 32GB Cruzer showed up.

Yes, I have had the same problem. After Kies was killed SanDisk Cruser Fit 16 works properly on Win7.

I also saw this problem with the VMware USB Arbitration Service and VMware View USB Control services started.  Stopping them solved the issue.

Eric

@scoot78 wrote:

Hi all,

Just registered to share some importand info! My Cruzer fit 32GB didn’t show on my windows 7 x64 system anymore when I formatted. Have been poking around my running services and discovered the problem: HTCMonitorSevice, it gets installed with HTCSync to detect your HTC phone and runs in the background. The drive showed up after stopping the service. Hope this helps!

Thanks Scoot78, that was the exact problem I had., now it’s fixed woot :slight_smile:

I’ve been using my HTC phone for wireless access for a while now, it usually worked fine with my cruzer fits. Although today I plugged one in, the wrong one (working still), I safely removed it and put in another on into the same usb slot and it failed. It would take ages to be recognised as a usb drive but would then show as 0 bytes and not accessible by windows or formatable.

After that all my Cruzer fits failed on my Win7 machine. Other usb drives working fine but the cruzer fits didn’t work in any usb ports and I had a few on different controllers. All the sticks worked on other machines and I’ve yet to have a Sandisk USB stick fail on me, so I always recommend them. I knew it must of been a software issue.

I tried everything suggested, replugged, power drained pc, reinstalled drivers, deleted registry keys (a big pain had to use pstools to be able to remove some) but nothing worked.

Thanks again for your suggestion. If anyone else is out of ideas look for a services that might all of a sudden be conflicting. I wish I knew how to get them to play nicely but I wasn’t using the synch option anyway.

None of this works for me.  I do not have a Samsung or HTC phone.  Kies agent process is not installed.  I also do not have Sony Play Memories.  My Sandisk Cruzer 32GB has worked previously.  When I stick it in ANY computer, it is recotnized momentarily.  Sometimes long enough to actually open up the drive and see the contest I have on it.  But then it disappears

Device Manager sees it.  When I unplug it, it is removed from Device Manager.  I’ve tried uninstalling it, rebooting and then sticking it back in.  It goes through the process of installing the driver.  The drive is recognized again briefly but then disappears.

I can see it in Disk Management however, I am not able to assign a Drive letter or format as it states it cannot find it.

Any other solutions?

Something isn’t right if it use to work and now fails.  If it fails in multiple pcs I recommend contacting SanDisk to see if it’s under warantee and can be returned.