Cruzer Facet

I am wanting to use a 8GB Sandisk Cruzer Facet drive for USB installs, however the drive appears to be protected in some way. I have tried the removal tools (the drive doesnt show at all), I have tried formating, other computers, etc. Nothing appears to be able to remove the PIA software that sandisk have chosen to install on thier drives. Does anyone know how I can get access to the drive so I can use it as intended?

Also is there a customer feedback email that I can use to contact them directly regarding this?

Thanks in advance.

Nothing appears to be able to remove the PIA software that sandisk have chosen to install on thier drives. Does anyone know how I can get access to the drive so I can use it as intended?

If the drive is write protected it is broken and needs to be replaced.  It has nothing to do with any software on the drive.  Use the link below to return it.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5232/~/return-material-authorization-(rma)-process

Please explain further on what you meant by drive is protected. Do you get an error message or something similar?