Mel421

Cruzer Blade will not format

I have just brought an 8Gb cruzer blade. When I put it in the computer it shows as Sandisk firebird 64Mb unformatted. When I try to format it gives an error reading. I have tried using partition master and it also cannot format this drive or show the correct drive size.

Using diskpart in windows also doesnt work.

How do I get this 8Gb drive formatted?

SanDisk Guru
Ed_P

Re: Cruzer Blade will not format

"How do I get this 8Gb drive formatted?"

You take it back to where you bought it and tell them it's unformated and demand a new one.

Ed
Hamt

I have the same problem, i have tried with many programs, but it still not working. I also have a 8GB SanDisk Cruzer Blade Flash Disk. When i plug it into my PC, it appears with 0 Bytes, has no label, only "Removable Disk". When i try to explore it, windows show a message : "The disk in drive H is not formatted Do you want to format it now?", and so, when i try to format it, the progress bar is in the 100%, but a message appears: "Windows was Unable to complete the format", also, the capacity shown is 64 Mb. When i use the HP USB Format Tool, the device appears as "SanDisk FireBird 1.04(64Mb) ". How can i repair my USB?

Please i need Help!.

Thanks in advance.

scorpion_king

Hi,

You can try using the HP format tool in order to format the flash drive. You can refer to http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=197 for downloading the software.

cchadsey

I want to be the first to thank you very much. I tried everything to make it work and thought it was gone for good. I have a 8 GB Sandisk Cruzer and was doing a backup on a windows 7 and it totally stopped working. I couldn't see the files or format it in any way. I'm glad that I found this forum And thank you. My wife got it for me for Christmas and she was very sad to hear that it wouldn't work. Thank you so very very much!!!
kisho

For all sandisk users

i have also experienced this problem

better you try your luck in unix or mac pc

otherwise throw your cruzer **bleep** into dumb

else go for warrenty ...

as per my experience this peace of **bleep** given lot of head ache from the biggining

now i think this device is no more i have warrenty and am not ready to go for it

and further i will not buy any of sandisk **bleep** anymore.....hope you people can move for transcend

nice and reliable in these days.....good bye san **bleep**.....!

linacre

linacre

ReHow do I format a: Cruzer Blade

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Re: ReHow do I format a: Cruzer Blade

You might want to take a look at this Announcement:

Blank Posts Please Read

:smileyhappy:

pearson