Cruzer Blade will not format

I have the same problem with sandisk firebird … i have purchased sandisk firebird slim flash drive …its getting detected …showing in disk management …showing in device manager …but its not getting formatted …or it is not getting open …its a brand new one … i tied HP TOOL discussed in forum … but when i am trying to format it says …the device is write protected…how to format and make in use thhis flash drive …

New devices are manufactured formated.  Reformating them is not necessary.

@mel421 wrote:

I have just brought an 8Gb cruzer blade. When I put it in the computer it shows as Sandisk firebird 64Mb unformatted. When I try to format it gives an error reading. I have tried using partition master and it also cannot format this drive or show the correct drive size.

Using diskpart in windows also doesnt work.

How do I get this 8Gb drive formatted?

shakari715 -

It seems you’re having trouble posting. Are you by any chance using IE9 browser? If so, you must use Compatibility Mode in order for your posts to show up here.

His 1st posting shows up.

@ed_p wrote:

His 1st posting shows up.

Only the “quoted” part. Strange.:confounded:

Only the “quoted” part. Strange.”

This is true!!  :dizzy_face:   Interesting. :neutral_face:

Write protection preventing formatting.  Registry does not contain needed files.

plz formatted my pendrive

I have the same problem, i have tried with many programs, but it still not working. I also have a 8GB SanDisk Cruzer Blade Flash Disk. When i plug it into my PC, it appears with 0 Bytes, has no label, only “Removable Disk”. When i try to explore it, windows show a message : “The disk in drive H is not formatted Do you want to format it now?”, and so, when i try to format it, the progress bar is in the 100%, but a message appears: “Windows was Unable to complete the format”, also, the capacity shown is 64 Mb. When i use the HP USB Format Tool, the device appears as "SanDisk FireBird 1.04(64Mb) ". How can i repair my USB?

What comes is CD DRIVE K

It’s defective. Return it.

“What comes is CD DRIVE K”

It sounds like you have a password protected U3 USB drive.  Do you have LaunchU3 on the K drive.

Well have the same problem with this ******* sandisk cruzer blade XD I tried all the possible way to format this thing  I do the HP USB DISK STORAGE FORMAT its still not working and also do the safe mode, same result. Then I try the Low level formatting SAME RESULT ! I also do the reignited in start menu RUN . SAME RESULT 

I THINK THERE IS NO SOLUTION in this problem…

I THINK THERE IS NO SOLUTION in this problem….”

The solution is to backup your files to your hard drive, then return the device, either to where you bought it or to SanDisk directly after getting a RMA from them.

I’ve come across this issue as well, but only on one computer.  When I plug my Cruzer Glide 8 GB flash drive into our two Windows Vista computers it works fine.  It sees all 8 GB and all the files on the drive and I’m able to transfer files to the drive.  However, on my old Windows XP computer it doesn’t work.  It recognizes it as a removable drive, but it shows a 64 MB capacity with no files on it and no files can be transfered to it, and it can’t be formatted, just like others have been reporting.  Any idea why it works on the Vista computer and not the XP computer?

Update:  I just tried the flash drive in my Windows XP computer again and this time it works fine.  Strange.

I had this problem and to fix it I just downloaded and installed  “HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool” just google it and you will find a link to download. Then once installed I right clicked on the icon on the desktop and clicked on properties, then went to the “compatability” window and checked “Run this program in compatability mode” and chose “windows vista” then click on apply. now you should be able to just doublick on HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool and it should let you format succesfully.I chose quick format and worked perfect for me.

guys,

If you are using windows 7, try doing this.

1. Right click on the drive on my comptuer (for instance it is, Removable Disk H:). 

2. Click on Tools Tab, under error-checking , click on check Now. (You need to give administrative permission for this operation).

3. It will ask you whether to format the disk and you give a yes.

4. Use exFAT format to do the formatting and as always enable quick format too.

It is just what I tried and I guess you may not be specific about the file formats. (exFAT file system is recognized only by windows 7 and hence select your file format accordingly).

cheers,

Harry $0b$ :slight_smile:

ie looz me data aftar format

@kariem wrote:
ie looz me data aftar format

Yes, formatting will clear (erase) the memory.

Easy FIX!

Format the disk via the command prompt, if needed just do a web search for format usb drive with command prompt and view the video. It worked for me.

Also, I will explain how I encountered the same problem… and yes it was no fault other than mine.

I was dumping a computer and re installing a clean version of my OS, in the process of doing this I accidentally erased the USB Drive rendering it un-partitioned and unformatted… short version of long story… I was at fault for not pulling the device prior to starting.

Follow the video, it does work…the beginning is a little “Iffy” he is just trying to show you how to locate the correct drive.

hope this helps, it worked for me… formatting back to fat 32 took about 20 minutes