Cruzer Blade 4GB - driver not found in Windows 7 upon first installation

Can’t work this one out… my 4GB Cruzer Blade fails to install properly the first time around. Windows 7 (both x64, x86) sits there for about 10 seconds before it says driver installation failed. If I unplug and replug the flash drive, it detects it properly and installs the driver. From this point onwards, it’s fine.

This happens on about 4 computers, all Intel based, all admittedly running windows 7. Strangely, windows XP works right off the bat. 4 other various brand flash drives are seemingly detected properly first time around, so on one hand it looks like Windows 7 at fault, on the other, it looks like the flash drive.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Also finding extreme annoyance factor with this. SanDisk 4GB. Cruzer Blade. Windows 7.

Have you written to the manufacturer of Windows 7, ie MICROSOFT, and ask them why THEIR product is doing that?

Of course there is also the possibility a security app is getting in the way.

@ed_p wrote:

Have you written to the manufacturer of Windows 7, ie MICROSOFT, and ask them why THEIR product is doing that?

@ramindersinghse wrote:

@ed_p wrote:

Sir

my  sandisk cruzer 4GB pendrive is now not working.i purchased pendrive from Reliance Mart Tirupati.on 3/April/2011.when i approach to reliance mart they are telling that only company is giving  warranty.from their information and sending this mail.please do the needful. I expect some reply from you

Thanking You

prathish james

@prathishjames2 wrote:

Sir

my  sandisk cruzer 4GB pendrive is now not working.i purchased pendrive from Reliance Mart Tirupati.on 3/April/2011.when i approach to reliance mart they are telling that only company is giving  warranty.from their information and sending this mail.please do the needful. I expect some reply from you

This is a user’s forum. If you are looking for an official response from SanDisk you should direct your inquiry to one of the Support contact numbers here:

http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us

I purchase befour six month Cruzer Blade 4GB pan drive but now getting problem to formating  Cruzer Blade 4GB  please send me the driver and how to install