Cruzer 8GB Flash Drive not showing correct available space

I have just completed a major transfer of files using my Cruzer Sandisk 8GB flash drive. Having deleted all the transferred documents, photos and video folders from it, it is still showing pretty well full when I check it in “storage” on more than one computer, and very little available space. the deleted items have definitely gone and cannot be found, but it still registers that the device is nearly full. What can/should I do?

Are you using a Mac or PC? If using a Mac, you must empty your Trash before disconnecting the drive or the files won’t be deleted, only the reference to them making it appear they have gone but aren’t.

If using a PC, I don’t know why the space is still showing used, but you can format the drive which will delete everything.

If you had the files stored in the SecureAccess vault and the files are gone, delete the vault.

I use both, and it shows the same on both: however, I think I did the delete while on Mac, so I’ll try what you suggest and let you know! Thanks.

So I have now permanently deleted everything in both Recycle (Trash) bins. But it still shows that I have nearly 7GB of videos, which can’t however be foind. You suggest re-formatting the device, but how do I do that? There is nothing on it that I’d regret losing!

@ts09 wrote:

So I have now permanently deleted everything in both Recycle (Trash) bins.

Did you do this while the drive was connected?

@ts09 wrote:

You suggest re-formatting the device, but how do I do that?

Best to do it on a Windows machine. In File Explorer, you can right-click on the drive and select Format…

It should come up as FAT32 as the formatting option by default. If not, change to it, and un-check Quick Format.

formatting on MAC

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/203/

Brilliant! Many thanks - that did the trick. (Btw, I did do the Recycke Bin emptying while the device was connected.)

Thanks: I did it via Windows as per Tapeworm’s advice, and have since checked the device on Mac: now showing empty, as it should. But thanks to both of you.

1 Like

Who can me to prompt WHERE there is possibility to load the DRIVER for my device ( SanDisk 8GB Cruzer Blade USB Flash - Driver Windows 7 ) - ( USB\VID_0781&PID_5530&REV_0126 )? The Operating system Windows 7 - sees the rememberring device but does not show his(its) volume and occupied place, which Driver put for етой Flesh memories do not approach and that that on put there is exactly under my operating system do not approach… What solve a problem with Flash drive in Windows 7 ?

2017-05-30_Cruzer.jpg

File devise:

2017-05-30_23_Cruzar.jpg