Corrupt files

I had to close my computer down because it was locked.    When I turned it back on I inserted my flash drive and I get a message that excel cannot open file because the file is not valid or corrupt.      Is there any hope for me to get into these files.    I would appreciate any help.     Thanks

From a Windows Command Prompt window try running a CHKDSK command for the drive.

Something like >CHKDSK X:

Depending on the results of the command you may need run to an option something like: >CHKDSK /F X:

where X in X: is the drive letter of your USB drive.

hth

Additionally, can you try to copy the excel file from the flash drive and paste it onto your desktop and open it from there?

I now have corrupt files, also on my Cruzer Glide 16.  It was suggested to me that I also try to paste or copy the corrupt JPEG files that were turned into DAT files, to my desktop and open them from the desktop.  They refused to open off the Desktop just as they refuse to open from the Cruzer Glude Vault.  

:smiley:   Hi Mizunoman,    (2)

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

The dat files (encrypted) from the Vault, _can only be opened with the app SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win, _ if the OS is Windows.

You may not remove [SanDiskSecureAccess Vault] to the PC, _ thus not it work. _

And [SanDiskSecureAccess Vault] can not be renamed.

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                            (Google translated)

Another $49 tool Mark!!  Yup, you’re into marketing/ spam ing.