Cant start SanDisk SecureAccess from a Cruzer Glider 32G

Hi!

I have a SanDisk Cruzer Glider 32 GB. I have use the software SecureAccess to put files in my vault and now i cant start the program. I see the splash screen but then nothing happens. What sould i do to recover my files?

//Fredrik

:smiley:   Hi Fredrik,

Estimado miembro de la Comunidad SanDisk, bienvenido.

Por favor, no te aflijas, amigo:

Recuerda que hay dos softwares,  uno para PCs y uno para  Macs.

Y que SanDisk SecureAccess Software, debe ser instalado en la UFD.

Compatibilidad:

SanDisk SecureAccess softwarees  es soportado por Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OS 10.5 and up. El uso en una Mac requiere descargar otro software.

Está la última versión (abril-2014), de SanDiskSecureAccessV2, que puedes descargar (free) de acá:  

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399
        http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2413

1-     Descargas en la UFD, a SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win, (si tienes PC).

Cuidado: Si te figura así: SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win.exe, ir a Herramientas/Opciones de carpeta/pestaña/Ver/ y tildar: ocultar extenciones de archivo, de paso, te fijas, que también estén tildadas, las opciones: ocultar archivos protegidos, y: no mostrar archivos y carpetas ocultas.

2-     Entonces, instalas el programa, contraseña, etc. Y tendrás dos archivos:
2.1-  SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win, (que es la aplicación).
2.2-  SanDiskSecureAccess Vault, (que es la carpeta que contiene los archivos encriptados).
2.3-  Si pierdes o borras, a SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win (2.1), no hay problema, pues descargas otro, y listo.
2.4-  Pero si pierdes o borras a SanDiskSecureAccess Vault (2.2), perdiste todo el contenido (quizás la puedas recuperar con Recuva).
2.5-  Si, le puedes cambiar el nombre, a la aplicación (2.1).
2.6-  No le puedes cambiar el nombre, a la carpeta/Vault (2.2), porque el nombre, es generado por la aplicación (2.1), y si lo cambias, la aplicación (2.1),no lo va a abrir, y va a generar otro Vault nuevo.
2.7-  Si puedes cambiar de lugar, también, a la aplicación (2.1), a cualquier carpeta.
2.8-  No puedes cambiar de lugar, a la carpeta/Vault (2.2). Debes dejarla en la raíz de la UFD, porque ahí es, dónde la va a ir, “a buscar”, la aplicación (2.1).

Cuidado 2: Hacer siempre, backup del contenido, copiar el Vault, clonar a la UFD, etc., y guardar todo, en “lugar seguro”.

Luck, y luego nos cuentas, qué pasó, por favor.

Saludos, Alfred.

-------------------------

:smiley: Hi Fredrik,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Please, do not grieve, friend:
Remember that, there are two softwares, one for Windows and one for Macs.
And SanDisk SecureAccess Software you must install in the UFD.
Compatibility:
SanDisk SecureAccess software is supported by Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OS 10.5 and up. Use with a Mac requires other software download.

The latest version (April 2014) of SanDiskSecureAccessV2, you can download (free) from here:  

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399
         http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2413

1-     Downloads on the UFD, to SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win, (if you have PC).

Beware: If you figure thus: SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win.exe, go T_ools/Folder Options/tab/View/_ and tick: hide file extensions, by the way, you notice, that are also branded the choices: hide files protected, and: do not show hidden files and folders.

2-     Then, you install the program, password, etc. And you will have two files:
2.1-  SanDiskSecureAccessV2_ win , (the application).
2.2-   SanDiskSecureAccess Vault (which is the folder that contains the encrypted files).
2.3-   If you lose or delete to SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win (2.1), there is no problem, as other download, and ready.
2.4-   But if you lose or delete a SanDiskSecureAccess Vault (2.2), missed all content (maybe with Recuva can recover).
2.5-   If you can change the name, the application (2.1).
2.6-   Do not you can change the name, the folder/Vault (2.2), because the name is generated by the application (2.1), and if you change it, the application will not open, and will generate a new Vault.
2.7-   I f you can move on, too, to the application (2.1), a any folder.
2.8-   You can not move the folder/Vault (2.2). You should leave it in the root of the UFD, because that is where the going, “find” the application (2.1).

Beware 2: Always make, backup content, copy the Vault, clone the UFD, etc., and save everything in “safe place”.

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                             (Google translated)

Cacho can you switch to the 10 pt font?  Or 12 pt?   Your 8 pt posts are getting hard for me to read.

:dizzy_face:  

Ok, disculpe Ed, no me imaginé…
Lo hice, para diferenciar los dos idiomas, y para no extender tanto, la respuesta.  

Bueno, probé las fuentes disponibles, y la más legible, parece ser Verdana, 10p.                       (Arial,10p)

Le agradezco su atento comentario.

Ok, sorry Ed, I did not imagined…
I did, to differentiate the two languages, and to not extend so the answer.

Well, I tried the available fonts, and more legible, seems to be Verdana, 10p.     (Verdana, 10p)

I appreciate your attentive comment.

A.

Lets see if i undersand this correct. If i copy SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win.exe to my USB and then install it i will be able to view the files already stored in the vault. There will be no problem to use my old password even if its been created with the old version of SecreAccess.

Fredrik

:smileyvery-happy:   Hola Fredrik,

Excelente pregunta, amigo: ¡Así es!
Siempre y cuando, la bóveda tenga este nombre exacto: [ SanDiskSecureAccess Vault ], y se encuentre en la raíz de la UFD.

Disfruta, y luego nos cuentas, qué pasó, por favor.

Saludos, Alfred.

:smileyvery-happy:  Hi Fredrik,

Excellent question, friend: This is!
Long as, the vault has this exact name: [ SanDiskSecureAccess Vault ], and is at the root of the UFD.

Enjoy, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                                   (Google translated)