Brand new 32GB Cruzer - I plug it in, says it's not formatted and Windows unable to format

Just put in a brand new 32GB Cruzer - says that disk is not formatted and asked if I want to format it now… I try to format it and I get an error msg that says that “Windows is unable to format”.  I have this issue with EVERY SanDisk that I buy.  My last 16GB Cruzer, someone at work was able to format it for me – but I can’t format this one here or at home –  I get the same message.  This is really frustrating.  What do I do?

I have exactly the same problem with a 16GB Cruzer on Win7 64-bit. Tried it on a few different PCs. When I go to format it’s showing up as a 64 MB disk and the format operation always fails. Looks like I’ll need to return it, got it from Amazon UK.

I get the same thing… comes up showing 64MB capacity.  SanDisk?  SanDisk?  Anyone out there?

@kb251 wrote:

I get the same thing… comes up showing 64MB capacity.  SanDisk?  SanDisk?  Anyone out there?

This is a user’s forum. You’d be better off and get your problem solved quicker if you contact Sandisk Tech Support directly.