All computers won't recognise my SanDisk Cruzer Switch

I’ve had this problem for months but have only wanted to fix it until now.
Every computer I out it in, Mac or Windows, it says there is a disk there but every time I click on it the computer says I need to format it, but the things on the USB I need badly, how can I get the files off it?

:smiley:   Hi Brenton98,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Please, analyze the following:

1-  Inspect, with a magnifying glass and a flashlight, the USB plug of the Cruzer, and clean the pins, with wire or eyebrow tweezers, etc., and with isopropyl alcohol (or also, the medicinal).

2-   If still bad: in Start / My Computer, on the card icon, click the right mouse button, and then click in Properties/Tools/Error Checking and Repair.

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                             (Google translated)

Good day for you.

i have faced the same problem that my flash drive not recognize by my labtop and other labtops. please i need help i have important data inside.

:smiley:   Hi Mohamedssf4,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

i have faced the same problem that my flash drive not recognize by my labtop and other labtops. ]

Mmm … Not the same problem, of the previous message.

Because if, it is recognized the Cruzer, but asks format (malfunctioning).

Sorry, if your flash drive Cruzer, is not recognized by any laptop, implies in principle that does not work, is dead, ist kaputt.

But, perhaps, it may serve the following try:

Please, inspect with a magnifying glass and a flashlight, the USB plug of the Cruzer, and clean the pins, with wire or eyebrow tweezers, etc., and with isopropyl alcohol (or also, the medicinal).

If still bad: contact SanDisk Technical Support who will replace the device, if it’s authentic and within warranty.

Link: http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

Luck.

Regards, Alfred.                                                                     (Google translated)

It could be a hardware issue. I think the best option is to have it RMAed if possible. I hope this is still under warranty.